Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Tour Divide 2010 on: December 21, 2009, 06:20:18 PM
Mathewsen

View Profile
« on: December 21, 2009, 06:20:18 PM »

Happy Solstice, folks (or "Burning of the Clocks", for our UK bretheren). TD is now accepting letters of intent for the 2010 Start List.

Exactly 6 months from today, Sol Invictus, the "undefeated sun" will be peaking yet again--and so will the action in Tour Divide. Race leaders will find themselves duking it out somewhere along peak elevations of the GDMBR in central Colorado. What weather will 2010 edition be dealt? Only time will tell. The last El Nino winter was `07; a good year for speed.

Thus begins the 2010 ultra season. Happy New Year. Good luck to all...

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2010 Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 07:17:43 PM
TonyH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 07:17:43 PM »

Been brewin' up the creative stew for my own letter...hope to submit it soon.  Shall we expect your name to eventually appear there, Matt?

Topic Name: Tour Divide 2010 Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 07:42:39 PM
Mathewsen

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 07:42:39 PM »

Been brewin' up the creative stew for my own letter...hope to submit it soon.  Shall we expect your name to eventually appear there, Matt?
Man...I'd really like to "watch" the racing for once.

I do always crave the grand tour experience and the suffering, though. It will come down to money, time and how interesting the peloton looks by May. Also, the weather is a consideration. The outside chance to improve my PR could be enough of a motivator. The current record is weak and I feel confident I--and many others--can take at least a full day out of 17:21. It's about 30 hours to the border and, in `07 I put in a 15:22 domestic effort (following prologue), so sub 17 ought to be pretty doable with good course conditions.

Sub 16 GDMBR full-pull is the ultimate club to dream about!

Hey, I meant to say in the OP, let's keep the 'TD Basics' thread going for FAQ stuff. This is just a communique. Word up!
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: