Pages: 1 [2]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: What's in my bikepack bags... Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 07:25:04 PM
Slim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2012, 07:25:04 PM »

I have  two reports up.

http://www.bikepacking.net/individual_setups/first-attempt/

http://www.bikepacking.net/individual_setups/bikepacking-singletrack-with-kids/

I could put up my gearlist for my upcoming Maah Daah Hey trip, but right  now it's just a dry list, no pics and  not finalized yet. I will put it up after the trip, maybe I can do it with pic's like you.

Topic Name: What's in my bikepack bags... Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 05:21:33 PM
Colorado Cool Breeze

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2012, 05:21:33 PM »

I have  two reports up.

http://www.bikepacking.net/individual_setups/first-attempt/

http://www.bikepacking.net/individual_setups/bikepacking-singletrack-with-kids/

I could put up my gearlist for my upcoming Maah Daah Hey trip, but right  now it's just a dry list, no pics and  not finalized yet. I will put it up after the trip, maybe I can do it with pic's like you.

Hi Slim, I enjoyed looking thru both of your reports thanks for the links.
I love your daughter's expression on the group photo. That is priceless.
My daughter is 27 now with her own child, he's 22 months old.

Hope you have some time after the Maah Daah Hey trip to do a TR and gear photo spread. I'd sure like to see them.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 05:25:12 PM by Colorado Cool Breeze » Logged

Topic Name: What's in my bikepack bags... Reply #22 on: October 09, 2012, 05:08:33 AM
delete this account

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2012, 05:08:33 AM »

icon_scratch
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 07:24:41 PM by wormholespazm » Logged

Topic Name: What's in my bikepack bags... Reply #23 on: October 09, 2012, 08:03:11 AM
Colorado Cool Breeze

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2012, 08:03:11 AM »

Thanks, I hope you found the picts useful.
I haven't been a member here very long myself. As for activity I was hoping to find a little more activity
here but instead of complaining I thought I do a bit of posting to see if I could get a few excited about talking bike camping and the gear
used. What better way than to post up some picts of trips and gear. We will just have to see...

Fall is here then there's winter biking to discuss.
Lots of topics, just have to see if anyone is willing to chat about them.
I bike year round even in winter. I hope to post some picts of my winter bike camping kit in action soon.

I'm pretty proud of this 3 season Colorado bikepacking kit I've put together. It has served me well over the past 3 years.
New pieces are constantly being tested and changed out.

Even with the added weight of the heavier materials used in the various bike packs, the metal rear rack, larger than required goo bottles(thanks slim)
my base weight(no food or water) is under what the average back packers carries.
Not counting the UL back packers who basically makes everything out of Tyvek. That's a compliment not a slam, no disrespect implied.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 08:23:38 AM by Colorado Cool Breeze » Logged

Topic Name: What's in my bikepack bags... Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 12:45:45 PM
delete this account

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2012, 12:45:45 PM »

icon_scratch
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 07:23:59 PM by wormholespazm » Logged

Topic Name: What's in my bikepack bags... Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 12:56:18 PM
Done

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2012, 12:56:18 PM »

What this site may lack in quantity, it makes up for in quality. Mostly, anyway!

"Done"

Topic Name: What's in my bikepack bags... Reply #26 on: October 10, 2012, 08:28:37 AM
Colorado Cool Breeze

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2012, 08:28:37 AM »

What this site may lack in quantity, it makes up for in quality. Mostly, anyway!

Well I hope my contributions have helped in both categories.

Topic Name: What's in my bikepack bags... Reply #27 on: October 11, 2012, 06:15:29 PM
gdillon

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2012, 06:15:29 PM »

Hey, great to see your contributions to the site. I've tried to post some pics from the phone whilst commuting but things haven't lined up. I'm what you would call the opposite of retired, but have some stories/pics to share when I make the time.

The hammock is a facet of bping that I haven't explored but it looks comfortable.

Topic Name: What's in my bikepack bags... Reply #28 on: October 12, 2012, 06:46:04 PM
Colorado Cool Breeze

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2012, 06:46:04 PM »

I'm what you would call the opposite of retired...

Ah! so you're just tired, I understand, been there. HaHa

Topic Name: What's in my bikepack bags... Reply #29 on: May 12, 2013, 11:48:56 AM
walterpump

Retired and still Riding

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2013, 11:48:56 AM »

Hey Colorado Cool Breeze:
If you are still monitoring this thread I would appreciate knowing what light down jacket and what down hat you use.  They look great for bikepacking purposes.
I am 72yrs of age and riding the abandoned railway line trails here in southern Ontario, Canada.
Am planning a bike camping trip soon, approx distance 20km one way to a provincial park; on my Giant Iguana that I am setting up for the trip.  Need only a rear rack and panniers and I am good to go - have everything else.
Will try to post my avatar and some pics.  Just joined this site 5min ago.
Take care

Never to Old to have a Happy Childhood!

Topic Name: What's in my bikepack bags... Reply #30 on: May 20, 2013, 04:34:47 PM
Colorado Cool Breeze

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2013, 04:34:47 PM »

Hey Colorado Cool Breeze:
If you are still monitoring this thread I would appreciate knowing what light down jacket and what down hat you use.  They look great for bikepacking purposes.
I am 72yrs of age and riding the abandoned railway line trails here in southern Ontario, Canada.
Am planning a bike camping trip soon, approx distance 20km one way to a provincial park; on my Giant Iguana that I am setting up for the trip.  Need only a rear rack and panniers and I am good to go - have everything else.
Will try to post my avatar and some pics.  Just joined this site 5min ago.
Take care
Hi WP, I believe the down hat is a BlackRock and the coat is a Marmot. HTH
Old railroad trails are one of my favorite places to bike pack.
I hope you'll take picture of your trip and share them here.

Topic Name: What's in my bikepack bags... Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 06:31:34 AM
walterpump

Retired and still Riding

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2013, 06:31:34 AM »

Thanks for the reply Colorado Cool Breeze:
I will indeed take photos along the trail and at my camp.
Then I have to figure out how to post them and in which thread, but I will figure it out.
Going car camping this Fri, Sat and Sun at Ivy Lea Campground, looking out on the St. Lawrence River - very nice.
In June I should be ready for the 'bikepacking' trip.  Gear is ready; bike is ready; all except for the panniers.
What a major decision choosing the panniers.
I think I will get the Axiom Cartier DLX35 Panniers  http://axiomgear.com/products/gear/bags/journey-series/cartier-dlx/
Not sure though!!!  Your Jandd panniers look good.
Panniers like those, along with my handlebar bag and a smaller backpack (Dakine Poacher) and I'm good to go.
My tent (MEC Quail Plus = 4pounds) and my sleeping bag (Rockwater Paclite mummy - Down 600 = 2pounds) will be strapped to top of rack.
It will be my very first backpacking/camping trip.  Great adventure.
Have a great day.

Topic Name: What's in my bikepack bags... Reply #32 on: May 22, 2013, 11:50:47 AM
Colorado Cool Breeze

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2013, 11:50:47 AM »

Thanks for the reply Colorado Cool Breeze:
I will indeed take photos along the trail and at my camp.
Then I have to figure out how to post them and in which thread, but I will figure it out.
Going car camping this Fri, Sat and Sun at Ivy Lea Campground, looking out on the St. Lawrence River - very nice.
In June I should be ready for the 'bikepacking' trip.  Gear is ready; bike is ready; all except for the panniers.
What a major decision choosing the panniers.
I think I will get the Axiom Cartier DLX35 Panniers  http://axiomgear.com/products/gear/bags/journey-series/cartier-dlx/
Not sure though!!!  Your Jandd panniers look good.
Panniers like those, along with my handlebar bag and a smaller backpack (Dakine Poacher) and I'm good to go.
My tent (MEC Quail Plus = 4pounds) and my sleeping bag (Rockwater Paclite mummy - Down 600 = 2pounds) will be strapped to top of rack.
It will be my very first backpacking/camping trip.  Great adventure.
Have a great day.

Sounds like a fun trip.
I use flicker to host my pictures they offer free accounts.
Once the picts are uploaded you just paste the link into your post
I like the axiom panniers. They are tough and reasonably priced.
Since I ride off road as well I us a Old Man Mountain rear rack.

Here's a link to a rails to trails I took last Fall.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outandback2012/sets/72157631838923828/

« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 11:59:11 AM by Colorado Cool Breeze » Logged

Topic Name: What's in my bikepack bags... Reply #33 on: May 22, 2013, 04:03:59 PM
walterpump

Retired and still Riding

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2013, 04:03:59 PM »

Excellent photography Colorado Cool Breeze.
Very nice country also.
So, I bit the bullet and ordered the Avenir Excursion Small Panniers (1464 cu.in.)
They will do the job I believe, and help keep costs down.
Delivery early June.
Today I bought a nifty and inexpensive set of bar ends to provide alternate hand position for the long rides.
That's it for equipment I needed to purchase.  Have everything else.
I guess I can use flikr or picasa for uploading my pics.
You look like you are quite experienced at camping (and photography).  I have enjoyed and learned from several of your posts.
Take care

Topic Name: What's in my bikepack bags... Reply #34 on: May 29, 2013, 05:17:34 PM
bicyclehobo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2013, 05:17:34 PM »

wow...i didn't know the new 'flickr' was so cool until I saw it in a context I could understand.

Nice!

Pages: 1 [2]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: