Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Cannondale Flash bag v1.0 on: July 27, 2012, 06:18:00 AM
WalksOn2Wheels

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2012, 06:18:00 AM »

Kind of a fail....

The first frame bag I made for my road bike, it was a bit too big overall. I was so paranoid about it this time that I made it too small! I'm going to add an inch around the whole pattern for the next bag. The biggest need for me is getting my tent poles in the top of the frame bag and I messed up the zipper and they won't fit! I made a quick extender for the top strap and can put my poles in a bag and stow them there on top of the bag. That will work if I end up on a trip before I can make v2.0 of the bag.

I like the design overall and think it will work well once I get it sorted out. I will have to switch to sideloader cages, though.

Also, how wide are you folks making bags relative to your frame? My frame is about 2 inche wide, so I cut the spine at 2 1/2 inches to get the 2 inch spine. Is it common to make the finished bag a little wider than the frame or exactly as wide as the frame? Or is it a given that when stuffed, it will be a bit wider than the frame regardless of the spine?

Topic Name: Cannondale Flash bag v1.0 Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 06:22:04 PM
WalksOn2Wheels

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 06:22:04 PM »

Hmmm, was hoping for some input, but here's an update anyway. I bought some Arundel Sideloader cages to help with the bottle accessibility. They also have two sets of holes drilled, so you can mount them 20 mm lower than standard if possible. Because I have the aluminum frame, I'll have to get some longer bolts and spacers to clear the FD clamp. The downtube mount cage can't be mounted in the 20 mm lower position because the bottom of that bottle would hit the seat tube mounted bottle. At any rate, imagine the blue spout on that bottle chopped off and I'll have that much more room for  the v2.0 bag, which is great because that spot was looking so small I almost made the first bag without it.

Topic Name: Cannondale Flash bag v1.0 Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 11:52:21 AM
Marna

Riding at Home

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 11:52:21 AM »

Boy THAT is nice.  I guess you have, since it has been so long, figured out it is not too small.  Very nice design.  I love it when people come up with clever ways to use areas for Frame Bags when others would say that they did not have room for them.  Great job!  I would love to see photos of the next one you made too.

Just ride your own bike and have fun!
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: