Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Google Ads on: September 07, 2009, 05:57:04 PM
ScottM
bikepacking.net admin

View Profile WWW
« on: September 07, 2009, 05:57:04 PM »

You might notice that there are some ads from google at the bottom of every page on the forum (as of today).

I'm experimenting with Google's ad program.  We'll see how it goes and how we like the position/size/content/obtrusiveness of the ads.  I've kept them small, and near the bottom of every page, so hopefully they aren't too bothersome.  I may move them around or adjust size in the near future.

I don't really know how much this program pays, but I am hoping just to recoup the costs of hosting the site and also some of the menial tasks necessary to keep the site running (changing passwords, moderating content, etc).  Definitely on a trial basis right now.

I'm happy to hear any feedback, positive or negative.  There are, of course, other options to do a bit of advertising, or fund the site from other sources.

Author of TopoFusion GPS software.  Co-founder of trackleaders.com - SPOT event tracking.

Topic Name: Google Ads Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 06:06:33 PM
Slowerthensnot

Have fun and go far

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2009, 06:06:33 PM »

I hardly noticed emm... 

Topic Name: Google Ads Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 03:26:46 PM
bmike-vt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2009, 03:26:46 PM »

You might want to throw up a PayPal 'donate' button.
A few bucks here and there can make a difference.

I know bikeforums had a way for folks to pay, and the ads disappeared - so you could always fill the space with ads to annoy everyone... then get them to pony up. Wink

Have you thought about getting some 'sponsors'?

Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: