Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Odins Revenge on: June 07, 2012, 10:01:13 PM
paxton coyote

View Profile WWW
« on: June 07, 2012, 10:01:13 PM »

We've had a great response for our premier west central gravel event Odin's Revenge which will take place June 30th near Gothenburg, Nebraska & just wanted everyone to know we'll probably take more registrations up til the night before the event. We were limiting the race to 75 riders & have around 65 now but won't turn anyone down if they want to show up & try it, be prepared as NOT all of Nebraska is FLAT! We have riders signed up from CO, NY, MN & MO as well as a good showing of locals from across the state of NE. Check it out at  www.odinsrevenge.blogspot.com

Topic Name: Odins Revenge Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 09:19:29 AM
dann c

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 09:19:29 AM »

I'm signed up, training and all giddy about this.  This will be my first big race.

Topic Name: Odins Revenge Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 12:47:54 PM
Noah_Deuce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 12:47:54 PM »

I'm the New Yorker (but only by location, originally from CO). Super excited to be there. Finished DK200 last weekend, think I can pull off a stronger finish for Odin's Revenge.

Can't wait!

Topic Name: Odins Revenge Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 02:11:38 PM
dann c

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 02:11:38 PM »

That's so cool someone is coming down from NY!  Hopefully we cross path's on the race.

Topic Name: Odins Revenge Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 02:40:31 AM
hikernks

Got Gravel?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 02:40:31 AM »

Won't be able to make it due to work, but I'll pass the word around here and see if anyone is interested.  We have a "couple" people who are kind of into gravel grinders here.  ;-)

"Man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind, and a step that travels unlimited roads." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.

http://dingo41.wordpress.com

Topic Name: Odins Revenge Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 08:29:19 AM
Noah_Deuce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 08:29:19 AM »

dann c - It will be hard not to, with only 75 people. *grin* Where you staying?

Topic Name: Odins Revenge Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 08:31:54 AM
Noah_Deuce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 08:31:54 AM »

Won't be able to make it due to work, but I'll pass the word around here and see if anyone is interested.  We have a "couple" people who are kind of into gravel grinders here.  ;-)

I was there last weekend, and I didn't get that sense at all. ;-)

Emporia was great! Really appreciated your hospitality and a great event. Also appreciated the nearby motel when I rolled back after crossing the finish line at 2am.

Topic Name: Odins Revenge Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 12:15:35 AM
hikernks

Got Gravel?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 12:15:35 AM »

Ohh man, I probably saw you then!  I rolled in about 1:40.  Long day, but could have been a LOT worse weather wise!  Glad you enjoyed the town.  They did a great job of organizing the race and post event activities.  Too bad the beer tent closes at midnight, haha.  I should have ridden faster!

"Man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind, and a step that travels unlimited roads." - Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged.

http://dingo41.wordpress.com

Topic Name: Odins Revenge Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 07:54:22 AM
dann c

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 07:54:22 AM »

dann c - It will be hard not to, with only 75 people. *grin* Where you staying?

I will actually be camping out!  I'll be the freak with all the tattoos in a Salsa kit if you wanna keep an eye out

Topic Name: Odins Revenge Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 06:37:14 PM
Noah_Deuce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 06:37:14 PM »

I will actually be camping out!  I'll be the freak with all the tattoos in a Salsa kit if you wanna keep an eye out

Cool man!  I'm staying in the motel they suggested, but I'll definitely be coming over to the KOA to see folks - I'll definitely keep an eye out.  I'm actually going to be running a new Vaya, which I'm pretty excited about.

Topic Name: Odins Revenge Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 06:38:11 PM
Noah_Deuce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 06:38:11 PM »

Ohh man, I probably saw you then!  I rolled in about 1:40.  Long day, but could have been a LOT worse weather wise!  Glad you enjoyed the town.  They did a great job of organizing the race and post event activities.  Too bad the beer tent closes at midnight, haha.  I should have ridden faster!

Ha!  Yeah, weather was amazing.  I was super stoked about how gentle my first DK200 was on me.  Next year, faster...

Topic Name: Odins Revenge Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 11:20:06 AM
dann c

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 11:20:06 AM »

Cool man!  I'm staying in the motel they suggested, but I'll definitely be coming over to the KOA to see folks - I'll definitely keep an eye out.  I'm actually going to be running a new Vaya, which I'm pretty excited about.

I was actually battling whether to use my Vaya or my Chili Con Crosso.  I definitely elected to go with the CCC.  Hope this choice pays off!

Topic Name: Odins Revenge Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 08:56:37 PM
paxton coyote

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 08:56:37 PM »

NEW YORK??? AWESOME! We're stoked to be putting this race on & hope it becomes an annual event & continues to grow, I think! I to was at Dirty Kanza & ended up doing the DK Lite & supporting a couple of friends & my 18 yr old son who was doing it for the first time, he finished at 10:45 pm & I was pretty stoked for that. This will be a learning experience so don't hesitate to give us some friendly feedback after the race to make it better or more appealing in the future, I think people try to hurry through Nebraska when traveling through on I-80 but will be VERY SURPRISED to see what we have to offer just a few miles off the interstate! Travel safe to the race & look me up, I'll be the biggest, tallest guy with glasses helping with the event & I have all the swag to hand out!!!
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: