Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Introduction Thread Reply #300 on: August 01, 2013, 07:23:25 PM
Steve_The_Pirate

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: August 01, 2013, 07:23:25 PM »

My name is Steven, though most call me Steve the Pirate

Avid cyclist for years and just this season really breaking into mtb and bikepacking and having a blast so far

Just yesterday completed the first segment of the Colorado trail and learned through trial and error some things to change for the future in my adventures

You know, Steve The Pirate?
Who's Steve The Pirate?
The only guy on our team who dresses like a pirate!

Topic Name: Introduction Thread Reply #301 on: August 05, 2013, 07:37:15 PM
tranzfuse

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 05, 2013, 07:37:15 PM »

Hi all,

I'm Adam, I live in NYC and am interested in planning and going on some small touring/bikepacking trips very soon. I've backpacked quite a bit and mountain biked quite a bit, but it never occurred to me to combine the two  icon_biggrin

If anyone has any tips on routes in/around New York state/Hudson Valley area, Catskills, or elsewhere, I'd love to hear about it.

I have a Surly CrossCheck, my only bike, and it's so versatile that it's preventing me from buying a second bike...very frustrating and amazing at the same time. Though I'd really like a IF Deluxe 29er. And a Pugsley. And a Fargo.

Anyway, I have plenty of newb questions I'll be bugging you with soon.

Cheers.

P.S. Steel is real.

Topic Name: Introduction Thread Reply #302 on: August 12, 2013, 08:06:29 PM
mntrekker

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 12, 2013, 08:06:29 PM »

Mike from MN here. I started to get into MTB in 2005 in my early college years on a Specialized Hard Rock. I was mainly riding single track at the time. In 2007 I rode my first (and only) Chequamegon Fat Tire Race-It was a challenge to say the least, but we had a blast! I've continued to ride trails in Northern MN, and the UP. Recently, I just purchased my first road bike, a Masi Partenza. I can't get enough of it. I'm looking forward to learning more about bike packing to guide me on my first trip and meeting some fellow riders.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 08:10:47 PM by mntrekker » Logged

Topic Name: Introduction Thread Reply #303 on: September 27, 2013, 09:05:02 PM
southwestbackcountry

View Profile WWW
« Reply #303 on: September 27, 2013, 09:05:02 PM »

Hola,

We are from New Mexico and like to explore in many ways, and bickpacking sure fits in well...  We post some of our adventures too:
http://southwestbackcountry.blogspot.com

Alive and Well

Topic Name: Introduction Thread Reply #304 on: November 19, 2013, 09:17:00 AM
chrisgardner73

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 19, 2013, 09:17:00 AM »

Hey!  I'm Chris, and after a few years of admiring bikepacking from the sidelines, I've decided to get out there next season.  So...you'll probably be seeing a lot of stupid questions from me in the future.

Topic Name: Introduction Thread Reply #305 on: November 20, 2013, 08:28:57 AM
Iowagriz

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 20, 2013, 08:28:57 AM »

Howdy!  I'm Tom and I grew up in Columbia Falls, MT, not far from the GDMTB route.  Watching the race/blue dots has given me the bug.  1st bag is on order and spreadsheets of gear have been started.  I plan to head out for a week of testing from Eureka to Seeley Lake (or further) late summer of 2014.  From there.....who know?

Topic Name: Introduction Thread Reply #306 on: November 25, 2013, 12:17:13 PM
mtb_jay

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 25, 2013, 12:17:13 PM »

Howdy, Jay here... I started mountain biking seriously around March of this year. I live in Florida so mountains are non-existent but we still have some very decent trail systems. I've been wanting to get into bikepacking and just starting to figure out what I need for it so I joined up here...I'm working on a custom frame back "will finish once I figure out how to fix a sewing machine." Since my budget is limited I'll be making most of my bags. Looking forward to sharing experiences with everyone.

Topic Name: Introduction Thread Reply #307 on: December 02, 2013, 02:10:30 AM
petie

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #307 on: December 02, 2013, 02:10:30 AM »

Hi, Pete from Australia here. Using this site for a bit of info/inspiration for my next bike build and trip. Hoping to ride the munda biddi trail in WA early next year!

Topic Name: Introduction Thread Reply #308 on: December 08, 2013, 03:30:14 PM
Deathgrip

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: December 08, 2013, 03:30:14 PM »

Hi guys - I'm Rob from Wyoming, living in Georgia. Spent a few years in Denver, riding the local trails, and now I'm near Chicopee Woods. Trying to find people that are into bikepacking 'round here, so hit me up if you live nearby. So far in the few years I've been here, there are either hardcore race-type bikers, or backpackers. I'm not quite fit enough for TNGA, but want to ride and get out more.

Currently riding an Ogre with panniers and a handlebar bag, but high hopes for transforming this bike into a flat-bar, frame bag, Viscacha bag rig. Love my Warbonnet hammock and down quilts. Going to milk the winter for all she's worth this year. Nice to meet you all!

Topic Name: Introduction Thread Reply #309 on: December 09, 2013, 02:30:21 PM
megand

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: December 09, 2013, 02:30:21 PM »

Hi all,

I'm Megan - an Australian who now calls the Canadian Rockies home.  I like bikes.  And tents.  And being outdoors as much as possible.

I went on a 5 month cycle touring trip with my partner back in 2009, through Japan and then Europe.  Most nights we wild camped in random patches of forest, and although we were carrying way too much gear on our trusty Long Haul Truckers, our favourite parts of the trip were invariably the sections where the going got a little rough, steep, and verging on impossible (the Rallarvegen in Norway was pretty fun, pictured below).

These days most of my bike hours are spent riding single track in summer (although I get a little winter riding in too).  The only overnight bike trips I've done recently have been with husband and toddler in tow (one of our trips is written up in Trip Reports here).

So far we've just been managing off-road touring by strapping everything to our bikes, but I've finally got some proper bags from Porcelain Rocket (thanks Scott!), and have got my Karate Monkey all kitted out, ready to step in as my go-to commuting, touring and multi-day adventure bike.

So I'm looking forward to an awesome 2014 full of bikepacking adventures (plus some racing... and then maybe the Tour Divide in 2015? We'll see!)

Topic Name: Introduction Thread Reply #310 on: December 23, 2013, 08:51:51 AM
veriest1

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: December 23, 2013, 08:51:51 AM »

Good morning everyone. I'm just getting back into cycling. I rode bmx as a teen and on through college.

Terrible photo but that was a great bike for the money.

I sold my bmx bike and bought a Salsa Las Cruces frame and fork that I've been building slowly (dualsport motorcycles have kept me pretty distracted).

I also have an Airborn Goblin headed my way for the local mtb trails and I'm looking forward to doing some local bike camping and getting my lungs built back up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

Topic Name: Introduction Thread Reply #311 on: December 30, 2013, 12:54:03 PM
fiveonomo

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: December 30, 2013, 12:54:03 PM »

Hello everyone,

My name is Scott, I am 43 year old Firefighter from Va.  I have rode bikes of all styles all of my life and in the last 10 years I have really loved mountain biking.  I also love to hike, so now I am combining the two.

I stumbled upon this site looking for information on an upcoming trip I am taking.  I am gonna ride the C&O/GAP trails in May this year, more specifically I am leaving on May 3, 2014.

Anyway, this looks like a great place much like a site I am usually on called www.hammockforums.net.  I hope to learn some stuff here as well as contribute.

Topic Name: Introduction Thread Reply #312 on: January 03, 2014, 01:55:35 PM
timmy80

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 03, 2014, 01:55:35 PM »

Hey peeps,

My name is Tim and I am from Leeds, UK. I have ridden and owned various bikesover my 33 years. I am one of the founding members of albaRosa cycling club which has grown bigger than any of could have ever imagined. Unfortunately I was knocked off my road bike and have found it very difficult get back intomroad cycling despite numerous attempts. Mountain biking was my way back in so I rebuilt ky old Giant MCM team carbon frame. It is after this that I discovered bikepacking and quickly decided to enter the Two ton o gravel event in Wales. Today I ordered me a new bike for bikepacking along with various extra parts, a Cube Attention 29er, cant wait to jump on it!

Topic Name: Introduction Thread Reply #313 on: January 12, 2014, 03:18:23 PM
cccniuk

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 12, 2014, 03:18:23 PM »

My name is chris. Originally from Belfast and now live in the pentland hills behind Edinburgh. I am a clysedale at 18.5 stone. I usted to race bmx and did some 12hour enduros. Have done loads of backcountry snowboard travelling all over Europe. Bikepacking trailside seems a normal progression for me. So I can fit my evening ride and early ride at the weekend together to maximise my time pedling, round the family. As I get fitter and drop weight hope to race in local events at the end of the year! I have followed bike racing all my life. Last few years been blue dot following. Great to See there are a few irish/nornirish, scots, english, welsh and a pseudo welsh boy who's a bit fast doing the td this year. Aspire to race the route at some time. My short tearm goals are to drop weight, speed up a bit more. Attempt the west Highland way double. As I did it north bound last September in 12.5 hours, which is a decent time.  Looking forward to posting a few questions, and getting answers from experienced bikepackers.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 03:33:41 PM by cccniuk » Logged

Topic Name: Introduction Thread Reply #314 on: January 25, 2014, 09:12:07 AM
ombra

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 25, 2014, 09:12:07 AM »

Hi, my name's Mauro and i'm from Venice, Italy. I discovered this beautiful website. I travelled in a lot of countries with my mtb and i was looking for some ideas or trails to visit Utah. I found the Transutah trail and i'd like to connect it with Torrey town, for visiting Cathedral valley by mtb. So, i have a question, about transutah trail mountain: May, should be a good period? Thinking about overnight there, i don't know nothing about snow or temperature.
Could you help me?
Thanks a lot
Mauro

Topic Name: Introduction Thread Reply #315 on: January 25, 2014, 11:03:33 PM
JRA

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: January 25, 2014, 11:03:33 PM »

Hi Mauro,

Unfortunately I don't have the answers you're looking for but you might want to ask the questions in the Routes section of the forum, more people might see it.

I don't know what the question is - but the answer is: Lubrication!

Topic Name: Introduction Thread Reply #316 on: January 30, 2014, 07:13:10 AM
LaVane

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: January 30, 2014, 07:13:10 AM »

Hello. I'm Vanessa. (LaVane is "lah-VAH-nay"). Anyway, I live in NC, though I used to live in AZ. Years ago I did some bikepacking (though we didn't call it that) in AZ and OR. Still an avid mountain biker, I've been feeling the desire to bikepack again, especially how that there's so much great gear out there and we don't have to use racks and panniers on singletrack anymore! I'm excited to do some smaller trips in 2014, including one this summer in OR with my old riding buddy. I'd like to plan some trips closer to home as well, if folks are interested.

Topic Name: Introduction Thread Reply #317 on: February 07, 2014, 07:55:38 PM
TheDudeAbides

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 07, 2014, 07:55:38 PM »

Good evening.  My name's Dustin.  I'm from Ken Caryl, Colorado.  I've been riding bicycles for more than 20 years.  I raced BMX and junior cruisers when I was younger, then some cross country and downhill as a teen.  I'm more into the adventure mode these days.  I've stumbled upon this site looking for information as well as inspiration for my solo Kokopelli Trail trip this April.

The summit is just a halfway point.

Topic Name: Introduction Thread Reply #318 on: February 07, 2014, 08:43:37 PM
Walkurtalk

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 07, 2014, 08:43:37 PM »

I am Jill. This kinda sums me up:

http://allthingsepicwithjill.blogspot.com/2014/02/dont-date-girl-who-bikepacks.html?m=1

Topic Name: Introduction Thread Reply #319 on: February 11, 2014, 06:38:06 AM
DolcePro

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 11, 2014, 06:38:06 AM »

Hi guys, I'm a programmer living in Ottawa with my wife and two daughters. My hobies are photography, playing videogames and watching football. I also make music as a hobby.

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 22
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: