Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: No idle tour on: August 25, 2011, 09:40:14 AM
jarmckenzie

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2011, 09:40:14 AM »

Any word on what happen to Jay's divide ITT?

I see that his spot has not updated in a few days....

Topic Name: No idle tour Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 01:36:24 PM
ScottM
bikepacking.net admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 01:36:24 PM »

I believe he is starting either tomorrow or Saturday.  He originally told us 8/20, but that's not the case.   His SPOT point(s) are from driving north to the start.

Author of TopoFusion GPS software.  Co-founder of trackleaders.com - SPOT event tracking.

Topic Name: No idle tour Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 08:59:50 AM
pbasinger

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 08:59:50 AM »

I think he's preparing to break the record beginning today.

from my inbox:

Fwd: Endurance Cyclist Jay Petervary Seeks Record on the Great Divide Route                   
X                                      
Inbox
X                  
Jay Petervary to bcc: me
show details 7:22 AM (34 minutes ago)
hello all,

sorry for the mass e-mail, but in case you haven't heard what i have been up to here is one of the last press releases. i am about to head out as we speak on my last journey of the campaign. i encourage you to follow this 2+ week ride as well as challenge you to ride your bike more and keep your car off as much as possible. "like" No Idle Tour on facebook and follow the "blue dot" (you will know what i mean if you do) to be in on the fun!

thank you.

Endurance Cyclist Jay Petervary To Tackle Great Divide Route For Final Leg
of No Idle Tour

Mountain bike ride from Canada to Mexico will cap Petervary’s yearlong 7,000-mile Tour

JACKSON HOLE, Wyo. (Aug. 26, 2011) - Three rides. Three bikes. 7,000 miles. That’s the simple essence of endurance cyclist Jay Petervary’s 2011 No Idle Tour.

Today Petervary will pedal the final leg of his No Idle Tour from Canada to Mexico along the Great Divide route covering 2,745 miles on singletrack and dirt roads. Departing from Banff, Alberta, Canada, Petervary’s solo, self-supported journey will take him south to the end of the route in Antelope Flats, N.M. – at the US/Mexico boarder.

“To wrap up the No Idle Tour like this is just perfect,” said Petervary. “My previous two rides this year have been both challenging and rewarding and I know the Great Divide will provide some of the same. Although this is the final leg of the Tour, my work this year is really just the beginning of trying to bring awareness to this important issue.”

Petervary is no stranger to the Great Divide route. In 2009 he and wife Tracey finished the route on a tandem bicycle in 18 days, 13 hours. In 2007, Petervary set the route record in just over 15 days. This year, Petervary will be riding a fully rigid Orbea Alma 29er carbon mountain bike with Slime tubes. Carrying everything he needs – from sleeping gear to GPS unit to a bike repair kit – Petervary’s bike weighs about 30 pounds. You can follow Petervary's progress at www.trackleaders.com.

The two other legs of Petervary’s No Idle Tour included setting a record on the 1,000-mile Iditarod trail while riding his snow bike from Anchorage to Nome, Alaska in March. In June, Petervary followed the Race Across America (RAAM) route and completed it self-supported in less than 13 days – while setting a new record.

After completing the Great Divide route in Sept., Petervary will travel to the bicycle industry trade show Interbike in Las Vegas, Nev. All three of Petervary’s No Idle Tour bicycles will be on display at the Slime booth for viewing.

To learn more about the No Idle Tour and how to donate and get involved, please visit: www.facebook.com/noidletour and www.noidletour.org.

Topic Name: No idle tour Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 01:07:57 PM
Mathewsen

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 01:07:57 PM »

Jay gave me a call this morn and said he was rolling out at high noon today from Banff, barring an extended encounter with Crazy Larry and animal balloons.

Topic Name: No idle tour Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 01:20:52 PM
THE LONG RANGER

Hi-Ho, Single-Speed, AWAY!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 01:20:52 PM »

Go Jay!

Topic Name: No idle tour Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 09:21:30 PM
tetontodd

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 09:21:30 PM »

Go Get it JP! thumbsup

Topic Name: No idle tour Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 11:03:32 PM
Slowerthensnot

Have fun and go far

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2011, 11:03:32 PM »

Jay gave me a call this morn and said he was rolling out at high noon today from Banff, barring an extended encounter with Crazy Larry and animal balloons.

gotta love CL!
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: