Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: CTR and the Colorado Trail Foundation on: July 28, 2011, 07:36:17 AM
Stefan_G

View Profile WWW
« on: July 28, 2011, 07:36:17 AM »

Hey all you CTR riders!  Hope yer all ready for a beatin'...  icon_rr

The CTR (and myself) are in no way affiliated with the Colorado Trail Foundation, but they are the reason we have this fantastic trail to ride.  They are the reason the trail stays maintained.  They are the reason the Cataract/Coney Segment absolutely ROCKS!!!

For no registration, the CTR dishes out 4-10 days of thrills, punishment, highs and lows, followed by memories that may (or may not...) last forever.  Seems like most 24 hour races charge over $100 for this privilege.  Multiday adventure races will cost ya 4x or 5x that.  Even short hundies are getting pricey these days.

Soooo, with all that money you're saving on registration, please consider making a nice, hefty donation to the CTF:

http://coloradotrail.org/contribute.html

Good luck, do your rain dance, and pedal yer brains out this year!

Best,
Stefan

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
  -- frequently (mis)attributed to Thomas Jefferson

Topic Name: CTR and the Colorado Trail Foundation Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 08:29:24 AM
Done

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 08:29:24 AM »

I think that I already sent them money this year. But I just sent them $100 anyway. Twenty cents a mile is a bargain by any measure. If nothing else, it's good karma--maybe a well-fed trail crew will have just that much more enthusiasm to remove a few more babyheads somewhere!

"Done"

Topic Name: CTR and the Colorado Trail Foundation Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 10:21:32 AM
LyndaW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 10:21:32 AM »

LW Coaching just donated 10% of our 2011 Colorado Trail Race training plan sales to Colorado Trail Foundation. We love Colorado Trail :-)

http://lwcoaching.com/ Mountain bike coaching and training plans.

Topic Name: CTR and the Colorado Trail Foundation Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 12:31:37 PM
ScottM
bikepacking.net admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 12:31:37 PM »

Trackleaders will donating this year again, once we get out of the mountain of SPOTs and batteries at my place.  Thanks for the post Stefan.

Author of TopoFusion GPS software.  Co-founder of trackleaders.com - SPOT event tracking.

Topic Name: CTR and the Colorado Trail Foundation Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 10:05:26 AM
Stefan_G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2011, 10:05:26 AM »

Thanks, guys!  And thanks Scott for doing all of the Spot legwork - by far the most work involved in organizing this event.

“The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”

Topic Name: CTR and the Colorado Trail Foundation Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 02:02:18 PM
dwj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2011, 02:02:18 PM »

myself and few other members of http://bandwagonracing.com/team.html  are members of the foundation! almost every inch of the trail rocks! and I love rocks

Topic Name: CTR and the Colorado Trail Foundation Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 07:36:22 PM
sherpaxc

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2011, 07:36:22 PM »

I want my money back.  Those segments sucked.  And the data book for segment 23 is way off.  No way in the world is there only 1040 feet elevation gain on that thing. BangHead

(I am of course being sarcastic...at least about my money)

Topic Name: CTR and the Colorado Trail Foundation Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 03:19:59 PM
Stefan_G

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 03:19:59 PM »

<bump>

For any of you racers out there who might've had a good experience...   Wink

Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: