Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Custom frame bag. Miracle tape was such a time saver! on: March 03, 2015, 02:18:56 PM
flanagaj

View Profile WWW
« on: March 03, 2015, 02:18:56 PM »

I have just finished making a custom frame bag.  The secret to me being able to create this bag was sail makers 9mm wide double sided tape.  This stuff is fantastic, and if you are not using it already, I would really recommend trying it.   I have included some pictures below to show how I used gross grain on the end of the Velcro straps.  I did all 9 of these in under 40 mins.   Imagine how tricky it would have been using pins!

I didn't use a single pin on this bag, and from now on, I don't intend again :-)

Side panel 1 with double zips

Side panel 1 with Velcro divider

Photos showing how using tape makes your life sooooo much easier!  I bought the tape of ebay

Ready for sewing

End result

The magic tape

The completed frame bag

Topic Name: Custom frame bag. Miracle tape was such a time saver! Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 10:18:43 AM
wunnspeed

SpoK Werks - Handmade Cycling Goods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2015, 10:18:43 AM »

Tape does help but what you'll find, eventually, is that it starts to gum up your needle and even worse, your machine. I recommend using really good office clips. When I have something I really need to hold in place to sew, that's what I use. Also, as you get better at sewing (that's not a comment on your sewing... it's a general statement), you can often do seams without aid that you couldn't do at the beginning.

In any case, quite an interesting bag. Well done.

Michael Cleveland - SpoK Werks bikepacking gear
SpoK Werks Etsy
SpoK Werks FB
Big Wheel Racing Europe

Topic Name: Custom frame bag. Miracle tape was such a time saver! Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 05:27:20 PM
brankulo

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2015, 05:27:20 PM »

. Also, as you get better at sewing (that's not a comment on your sewing... it's a general statement), you can often do seams without aid that you couldn't do at the beginning.

In any case, quite an interesting bag. Well done.

Exactly, with practice comes speed and skill, you will soon find out its easier and quicker without any aids.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: