Pages: 1 [2]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: I went to Icleand with Bjork...my Salsa Bucksaw Reply #20 on: September 22, 2014, 10:08:37 PM
Flounder

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2014, 10:08:37 PM »

alpinum, There's no need to be combative or argumentative, or simply a dick. I married into an Icelandic family, so I'm well aware of their heritage, sagas, and been to my fare share of Þorrablót gatherings each spring, even here in AZ. You say I'm ignorant. I say I had an authentic experience, pretty true to the experience as facilitated by my extended family who can trace their existence on the island by no less than 437 years. But...you should know more about me and my experiences there, yes?

Shove off. Deride someone else's journey, mine was authentically earned and genuine. You are no bikepacker, to be so obtuse. Prat.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2014, 06:04:29 PM by Flounder » Logged

Topic Name: I went to Icleand with Bjork...my Salsa Bucksaw Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 01:56:02 AM
alpinum

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 01:56:02 AM »

Sorry man, was trying to argumentative, not a dick, as in such that I believed, after reading your posts, that there is misleading information in your text - not much to do with own experience. I thought about you having your own experience, surely deserved, and others will see it different. But some statements... well...

I didn't say your ignorant, I wrote this:
what you write in some cases is exaggerated (MTFU) and misleading (and ignorant). To make things worse, placenames are mostly wrong.

Wink

Your statement about the culture surprises me even more now I know you married into an Icelandic family.
But you're right.
you should know more about me and my experiences there, yes?

Topic Name: I went to Icleand with Bjork...my Salsa Bucksaw Reply #22 on: September 26, 2014, 09:09:32 AM
annoying crack

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 26, 2014, 09:09:32 AM »

Shove off. Deride someone else's journey, mine was authentically earned and authentic. You are no bikepacker, to be so obtuse. Prat.

I always thought of the bikepacking community as a tolerant bunch of people so surely there's no reason for language like this on this forum here.

Topic Name: I went to Icleand with Bjork...my Salsa Bucksaw Reply #23 on: October 13, 2014, 06:02:57 PM
Flounder

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2014, 06:02:57 PM »

Me too. Did you read the comments directed towards me?
  Pages: 1 [2]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: