Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Looking for other bikepackers in Edmonton on: April 22, 2014, 08:32:45 PM
Hadfield

View Profile
« on: April 22, 2014, 08:32:45 PM »

Hey anyone interested in getting together to do some bikepacking trips. I'm in Edmonton Alberta, Canada.

Topic Name: Looking for other bikepackers in Edmonton Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 09:01:59 PM
Hadfield

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 09:01:59 PM »

Wow, no one out there?

Topic Name: Looking for other bikepackers in Edmonton Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 10:22:55 AM
Eastman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 10:22:55 AM »

I'm in St. John's, NL and to date have found one other person here to bikepack with.  There are lots of people who ride bikes but there are few people who have the skills/interest in the camping aspect.  Our numbers are small.  A number of people I ride with got fatbikes this year so I've been trying to interest them in joining our cult activity and may get a few more people from that source.  I'm going to offer up a "Bikepacking 101" (so to speak) to them, explain how they can get into it simply/cheaply and then take whoever is interested in a simple overnight trip.  Also, if you haven't tried it already, fish around in your local roadie and/or mtn bike community - you just never know who you might hook.

Should you ever find yourself this far east be sure to look me up.

Topic Name: Looking for other bikepackers in Edmonton Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 04:54:34 PM
Hadfield

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 04:54:34 PM »

Good idea Eastman, I never even thought of it. I will try some of your ideas. I will definitely look u up if I come out your way. The same invitation to you if you come this way. Thanks buddy. Richard

Topic Name: Looking for other bikepackers in Edmonton Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 11:03:24 AM
kray780

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 11:03:24 AM »

Hey!  I'm out here!  Any luck finding people yet?  Just getting into it all.  Trying to plan my first little trip in June.  I just have a week off but thought it would be a good trial.  Are you pretty experienced with bikepacking?  What have you been looking at doing?  I've got all my gear and I'm so excited to go!  You would probably want to put on more miles than me so this might not be optimal but even if you have ideas of a good trail for me to start with that isn't a 24 hour drive away (and not the GDMBR).  Thanks!

Kat

Topic Name: Looking for other bikepackers in Edmonton Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 12:26:44 PM
Hadfield

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 12:26:44 PM »

No kray780 I'm new to this also. Very excited also to get some trips in. I just bought a new bike to get on and am in the process of sewing up bikepacking bags. I thought we could start a club and plan some group trips. So far no one has really responded to my request except yourself. I think there is probably a lot of people who would get into this, however they may not know about bikepacking yet. If you are interested in getting something going or want to discuss and share some different locations to try let me know and we can talk over the phone or email. Would be interested in knowing what gear you are using. My plan is eventually to do the ttour divide race, but just some weekend trips for now. We have some fantastic areas here to ride. Talk to ya later. Richard.

Topic Name: Looking for other bikepackers in Edmonton Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 08:52:57 AM
kray780

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2014, 08:52:57 AM »

I agree! If only more people knew about this stuff Smiley I'm definitely looking for ideas for overnight trips close to here as well as people to ride with and swap ideas.  The club/ group idea is a good one!

Redbike is bringing a salsa el mariachi in for me and I'm dying to get it.  I have revelate design bags I ordered online. Apparently they are the best. You can tell right away they are of incredible quality. Still unsure what I'm doing on my frame though...full frame bag vs half bag and a cage or two.  You're sewing your own bags?! Impressive.

Send me an email!  Kat.ray3@gmail.com
See ya Richard!

Kat.

Topic Name: Looking for other bikepackers in Edmonton Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 10:30:33 AM
PhotoJB

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2014, 10:30:33 AM »

I am in Jasper and have a kitted out Surly Krampus! We need to get some tours in this summer. I love the idea of getting a club or group together around the province. Lots of great gravel grinding to do in Alberta!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Topic Name: Looking for other bikepackers in Edmonton Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 10:30:57 AM
PhotoJB

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2014, 10:30:57 AM »

I'll add my email, photojbartlett@gmail.com, if you want to get in touch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Topic Name: Looking for other bikepackers in Edmonton Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 08:47:44 PM
Hadfield

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2014, 08:47:44 PM »

Great photojb, I am making a list of people and as soon as we get a few more we will get the ball rolling. Richard

Topic Name: Looking for other bikepackers in Edmonton Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 03:43:47 PM
Hadfield

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 03:43:47 PM »

Are people still interested in doing a short trip this spring or summer contact me on this site. Still waiting for some more people to join up. Maybe we should just start a club up and maybe then we can get some more interest. Richard.

Topic Name: Looking for other bikepackers in Edmonton Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 04:21:06 PM
Sparkyga

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2014, 04:21:06 PM »

From Hinton AB here. I'd be game for some BP adventures but I'm out riding in Asia right now :p

Topic Name: Looking for other bikepackers in Edmonton Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 04:37:47 PM
Hadfield

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2014, 04:37:47 PM »

Cool email me when you are back in spring and we can plan some trips. Nice talking to you and have a safe trip. Richard

Topic Name: Looking for other bikepackers in Edmonton Reply #13 on: March 31, 2022, 04:09:08 PM
GGazoo

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2022, 04:09:08 PM »

I know this thread is dead, but just in case anyone is checking up on it....
I'm in Sherwood park, just getting geared up to do a few overnight bikepacking trips this summer.
New to bikepacking, but not new to cycling or backpacking.
I have a few routes in mind, would really like to know if anyone has done any good overnighters around Edmonton.

Cheers!

Topic Name: Looking for other bikepackers in Edmonton Reply #14 on: August 02, 2022, 07:15:05 AM
darreninla

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2022, 07:15:05 AM »

Hello. I live in Edmonton and I am interested! I'm not sure when you will check this site again so I can be reached by googling or calling Alberta Transportation and inquiring about the director of environmental regulation. This applies to anyone else with an interest in planning bike packing trips or to do local gravel rides/mountain biking. Kayaking and x country skiing are also favourite pastimes as well. Please do not hesitate to reach out regardless of time of year/season. Maybe if enough folks show an interest we can get something good going. All the best.

Topic Name: Looking for other bikepackers in Edmonton Reply #15 on: August 04, 2022, 10:59:39 AM
darreninla

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2022, 10:59:39 AM »

Hello,

Not sure if I made the contact process too difficult (above) but I can be reached here:

https://www.alberta.ca/environmental-management-of-transportation-and-water-projects.aspx

If my name is still on the bottom of this page, feel free to reach out! Just a bit paranoid to put my email address online so this one level of separation might help security wise.

Thanks. Darren C.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: