Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Speedometer montage for a Cannondale Lefty on: May 28, 2012, 02:22:33 AM
F0neb0ne

View Profile
« on: May 28, 2012, 02:22:33 AM »

Hi all,

just wanted to share my solution for how to attach a speedometer to a Cannondale Flash Alloy 29er which is a Lefty. This usually makes it a little difficult to attach the small part of the speedometer which receives the magentic signals from the wheel.
In the shop, they told me to buy some wireless device which was pretty expensive. So I thought of taking the signal from the back wheel. The distance from frame to spokes was a too far, so I needed some kind of montage.

This solution is made from several layers of pvc strips I got at a DIY superstore, glued together with special pvc glue, then milled and shaped with a proxxon hand-held mill and files.
As you can see it will fit anything that s attached with these small rubber bands. The cable of the speedometer was just about long enough for this solution, and I do not have any problems with the cable around my fork.

* CannondaleFlashAlloy29er_Montage.jpg (142.45 KB, 900x675 - viewed 404 times.)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 05:00:55 PM by F0neb0ne » Logged

Topic Name: Speedometer montage for a Cannondale Lefty Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 07:59:11 PM
mbeardsl

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 07:59:11 PM »

Great solution.
I have a wireless speedo BUT the distance from my back tire to stem is too far so it won't pick it up.
Could put in my back pocket but not exactly convenient.
I have just given up and accpeted that my GPS will drop mileage.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: