Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Pogies on: February 25, 2013, 11:39:00 AM
paulmissoula

View Profile
« on: February 25, 2013, 11:39:00 AM »

I recently made a pair of insulated pogies for a custom order, my second attempt at making a pair of pogies. The first pair were nice, but a bit too small, so I made several improvements to the design, making them roomier in the front and with a larger opening. I also recently got a 1" binder for trim, so all the raw edges are finished with 1" grossgrain. I'm pretty happy with the way these turned out and got some nice photos this time around (thanks to my co-worker Derek).

These are made with a bright orange 1000 denier Cordura exterior, quilted synthetic Thinsulate insulation (0.6" loft), red breathable ripstop nylon interior (which feels like the inside of a sleeping bag or puffy jacket), lots of reflective trim and velcro straps for attachment to handlebars.

You can read more about these on my blog: http://hansbagworks.com/custom-winter-pogies/

I'm taking custom orders for these if people are interested in a pair.

* pogie_1_copy.jpg (124.04 KB, 900x600 - viewed 488 times.)

* pogie_3_copy.jpg (265.47 KB, 900x600 - viewed 772 times.)

* pogie_4_copy.jpg (263.44 KB, 900x600 - viewed 566 times.)

Topic Name: Pogies Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 09:48:01 AM
ascar_larkinyar

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2013, 09:48:01 AM »

pogies are great.  my hands always roast(which at 10degrees and below is a good thing).

i have ones similar to those and the road bike kind made of neoprene.  i don't even need gloves when using these.  which is good when i have to take pics or grab food or do finger needed stuff.

i might make some wind screen type with no insulation just for commuting. 
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: