Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Non slip fabric for making frame bag straps? on: March 01, 2015, 10:13:34 AM
flanagaj

View Profile WWW
« on: March 01, 2015, 10:13:34 AM »

Now, I have no idea what the material is called, but on a couple of bags I have purchased there is a rubber texture coated fabric that is used on the velcro straps that secure the frame bag to the frame. The rubber coating means it grips the frame and does not slip.

I have searched a few outdoor fabric shops, but cannot find it. The image below hopefully shows the stuff I am talking about.

If you zoom in you can see the textured coated fabric on the velcro straps.

Here is another pic.  Again, if you zoom in you will see it on the top of the bag where the bag meets the seat post

http://bikepack.pl/en/seatbags/9-repack-x2-medium.html

If anyone can find me a supplier for this stuff, or tell me the actual name of it, so I know what to google, please do reply.

Thanks

Topic Name: Non slip fabric for making frame bag straps? Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 10:28:38 AM
flanagaj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 10:28:38 AM »

No need to reply to this.  After posting I discovered it is called Toughtek non slip fabric.

Topic Name: Non slip fabric for making frame bag straps? Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 09:57:51 PM
florinache

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 09:57:51 PM »

I sew strips of inner tube rubber to the velcro. The main reason is to protect the paint of the frame but the grip is firmer too.

Topic Name: Non slip fabric for making frame bag straps? Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 01:58:04 AM
flanagaj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2015, 01:58:04 AM »

That's a great idea.  I should have posted before ordering!

Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: