Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Multi Compartment Frame Bag on: November 15, 2015, 11:21:38 PM
Adam Alphabet

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2015, 11:21:38 PM »

On my way to Arizona next week to tour on some single track and ride around for a month. Before each longer trip I like to make myself some new gear to mess around with. Here's the first major piece for this trip.

Multi Compartment Frame Bag.
Materials: 500d multi cam main. Ballistic perimeter with padded seat and down tubes. Yellow pack cloth interior. 1.5" h&l around.
Features: Dual left side main compartments with removable/adjustable 'floor'. Right side 'map' (skinny things) pocket. I wanted the lower zip to be more or less parallel to the ground solely for aesthetics. The floor on the inside is parallel to the top zip though as this better utilizes the space.

This bag took me a quite a bit longer to make than some of the more simple SUL cuben bags I've made for racing this year. More features means more pieces means more cutting, sewing, etc.. ultimately more time. It was a fun project though and I enjoyed it the whole way through.
At the end of it all I just wanted a full featured bag that looked awesome/bad ass and would hold up to a month on some rugged Arizona single track. I feel as though I accomplished the first part, we'll see how it does in the desert. Stoked!

* Multi Frame Bag.JPG (249.6 KB, 640x640 - viewed 1062 times.)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 01:36:42 AM by Addy Marx » Logged

@adamalphabet

Topic Name: Multi Compartment Frame Bag Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 02:43:03 AM
bakerjw

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 02:43:03 AM »

That looks very well made. A fine job!

Topic Name: Multi Compartment Frame Bag Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 10:37:15 AM
Adam Alphabet

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 10:37:15 AM »

That looks very well made. A fine job!

Thank you!

@adamalphabet

Topic Name: Multi Compartment Frame Bag Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 06:32:32 PM
LittleOldLady

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 06:32:32 PM »

Nice looking.  How do you attach the "floor" to the inside of your bag?  I assume it rests just above the lower zipper?  Interesting concept.

Topic Name: Multi Compartment Frame Bag Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 07:17:46 PM
Adam Alphabet

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2015, 07:17:46 PM »

Nice looking.  How do you attach the "floor" to the inside of your bag?  I assume it rests just above the lower zipper?  Interesting concept.

Hook and Loop. Loop sections sewn into the walls and perimeter of the inside of the bag, Removable floor has 1" hook sections that wing up to mate with the loop sections ® and ™.
I made a bag like this 3 or 4 years ago and it worked fine touring in Chile. If I want to use it as a single compartment bag, just pull the floor out. If I want to angle or lower the floor I can move it, hence adjustable and removable  ® and ™   thumbsup

@adamalphabet
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: