Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Framebag for my Fargo on: April 30, 2012, 02:45:08 PM
flything

View Profile WWW
« on: April 30, 2012, 02:45:08 PM »

First proper myog project, although I can't claim to have made anything (my wife did the sewing), went pretty well and I do intend to learn how to use the machine, next up will be a gas tank.

I like bottles, which is why I went with an extended tangle type bag design, which did may it a little more fiddly to make, I've got tons of VX21 left so may make a full frame bag at some point.

Still it holds plenty of gear, in the pic it's got my full cooking set, golite poncho tarp, montane featherlite smock, first aid kit and a few other bits and pieces, could easily get more in too.

I based it on the excellent youtube tutorial, and the full write up is on my blog. We had good fun making it.

http://iwillbebacksoon.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/making-frame-bag-for-my-salsa-fargo.html

Topic Name: Framebag for my Fargo Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 05:23:53 AM
fotooutdoors

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 05:23:53 AM »

Looks good!  Any reason you decided not to do a full bag and put your bottles on your fork?  That's what I did, and it works well (besides a bit of extra wind resistance):  anything to get a few pounds off my back.

Topic Name: Framebag for my Fargo Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 06:38:41 AM
flything

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 06:38:41 AM »

I will probably have one bottle on a fork leg, with my sleeping mat on the other, so I liked the idea of having one in the frame so it's easy to get at when riding. But yeah I might actually make the next one myself and use the full triangle this time.

Cheers

Nick

Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: