Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Budget builds? on: May 31, 2019, 12:29:10 PM
Marct209

View Profile
« on: May 31, 2019, 12:29:10 PM »

Alright, bikepacking has peaked my interest big time. I’ve been riding road bikes and fixed gears for some time in the city but I moved to a more rural area about 8 years ago now and haven’t been riding much.

My buddy and I are doing a budget build for a 300 mile trip here soon.

Any ideas for some budget friendly gear storage solutions? Or budget gear in general?

Here’s a couple pics of my super budget friendly $50 Raleigh 26’er feel free to laugh because that’s what it’s all about, I may put a smaller basket on my rack, I’m a zip tie kind of guy. Home Depot was nice enough to let me borrow this basket lol

Cheers, Marc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic Name: Budget builds? Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 12:36:17 PM
Marct209

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 12:36:17 PM »

Trying to figure out best way to secure my bag to the front without getting in the way of my brakes etc. when the rear basket is loaded up with shit I’d rather have my tent and sleeping pad in my bag on the front to try and counter balance some weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic Name: Budget builds? Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 03:25:58 PM
geekonabike

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2019, 03:25:58 PM »

Alright, bikepacking has peaked my interest big time. I’ve been riding road bikes and fixed gears for some time in the city but I moved to a more rural area about 8 years ago now and haven’t been riding much.

My buddy and I are doing a budget build for a 300 mile trip here soon.

Any ideas for some budget friendly gear storage solutions? Or budget gear in general?

Here’s a couple pics of my super budget friendly $50 Raleigh 26’er feel free to laugh because that’s what it’s all about, I may put a smaller basket on my rack, I’m a zip tie kind of guy. Home Depot was nice enough to let me borrow this basket lol

Cheers, Marc

go with the last pic, Make a handlebar roll with largest strongest bandana you can find. Attach with straps spaced from bars through short pieces of PVC

What don't Kill You, only makes You Smell Stronger
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: