Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Gone - Surly Karate Monkey large frame bag on: September 09, 2019, 08:51:06 AM
bakerjw

View Profile
« on: September 09, 2019, 08:51:06 AM »

I found someone with an exact fit.
Apologies for not updating it sooner but I've dropped out of cycling for a bit.
The same thing happens every year when I get back from the northern sections of the tour divide. I just don't even want to think about cycling for a month or so.

I am GIVING away a Surly Karate Monkey frame bag that I made a few years back for for Steve (My KM). This was when I first rode the TourDivide route and it served me very well.

It is not that pretty of a bag as it was my very first effort but it is very functional. One trick that I incorporated into it was the use of a vinyl strip that keeps it formed to the frame using the water bottle mount boss holes. It still has velcro straps to hold it to the frame which is something that my new versions do not have.

It is free! Preferably to someone who is interested in bikepacking and needs some equipment. It does come with conditions. Those conditions being...
  • You can never sell it. It must be given away if not needed.
  • If you have something that you no longer need and someone new into bikepacking could use it, pass it forward.
  • Always strive to gain more bike karma.
  • It might take me a few days to get it shipped.

It can be seen here.

PM me for details.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 10:26:43 AM by bakerjw » Logged

Topic Name: Gone - Surly Karate Monkey large frame bag Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 08:37:35 AM
DoubleCentury

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 08:37:35 AM »

Maybe it would fit my Eriksen 29er?

* Eriksen29a.jpg (798.27 KB, 1000x750 - viewed 204 times.)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 08:44:34 AM by DoubleCentury » Logged

Topic Name: Gone - Surly Karate Monkey large frame bag Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 08:45:36 AM
bakerjw

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 08:45:36 AM »

It might.
Do you have the geometry measurements for it?

Topic Name: Gone - Surly Karate Monkey large frame bag Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 09:00:57 AM
DoubleCentury

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 09:00:57 AM »

I'll have to do some measurements tonight.  I'm guessing the seattube is around 17" to 18" and the toptube is 23".

Topic Name: Gone - Surly Karate Monkey large frame bag Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 06:26:16 PM
DoubleCentury

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 06:26:16 PM »

The interior dimensions of my front triangle that would fit a bag measures 14 x 26 x 20, with 14 being the seattube measurement.

Topic Name: Gone - Surly Karate Monkey large frame bag Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 10:12:55 AM
wheatfly

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 10:12:55 AM »

I am GIVING away a Surly Karate Monkey frame bag that I made a few years back for for Steve (My KM). This was when I first rode the TourDivide route and it served me very well.

It is not that pretty of a bag as it was my very first effort but it is very functional. One trick that I incorporated into it was the use of a vinyl strip that keeps it formed to the frame using the water bottle mount boss holes. It still has velcro straps to hold it to the frame which is something that my new versions do not have.

It is free! Preferably to someone who is interested in bikepacking and needs some equipment. It does come with conditions. Those conditions being...
  • You can never sell it. It must be given away if not needed.
  • If you have something that you no longer need and someone new into bikepacking could use it, pass it forward.
  • Always strive to gain more bike karma.
  • It might take me a few days to get it shipped.

It can be seen here.

PM me for details.

Sent you a private message to see if you still have the bag.  Would love to get it for my old KM.

Thanks,
Shannon
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: