Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Little-used Henry Shires TarpTent Moment - SOLD on: September 07, 2013, 02:18:18 PM
joeydurango

View Profile WWW
« on: September 07, 2013, 02:18:18 PM »

For sale, one TarpTent Moment.  In excellent condition - no damage of any kind.  Used approximately 10 nights.  This is the last generation Moment (singlewall, single piece), which, in my opinion, is a much better bikepacking tent than the current generation.  It's lighter than Henry's latest design.  I've moved towards using a bivy for even smaller packed size, though, so this tent is no longer needed!

In case you're not familiar with the Moment: This tent is awesome for lightweight trips of any kind.  Trail weight is only 28oz, and it uses one pole and two stakes to set up.  Quick set up time, a solid design, and full-on bugproof!  A very roomy one-person tent, it's easy to stash all your gear inside while sleeping.  It's so roomy that my wife and I tried it out on a single overnighter - workable, but not quite enough space for two tall people to get comfy.  Two shorter folks, or an adult and child/dog/huge backpack, would be fine.  Packed size is 18"x4" - easy to put in most handlebar bags with room to spare for rain gear, clothes, etc.

Benefits over buying a new Moment:

1) Lighter (by almost a half-pound)
2) A new one needs complete seam-sealing (not a short or fun process!).  This one is completely seam-sealed and ready to rumble.
3) Quite honestly the stock Tarptent stakes suck.  I got some nice MSR ones, which make this tent bomber, and they are included.
4) This one is basically in new condition, which makes #5 awesome
5) Cheaper than new - a new Moment is $269 plus shipping.  This one is $200 shipped (lower 48)!

Stoked?  Send me a PM.  I can run any credit card but AmEx through Velorution's system over the phone.  Finally, a photo with the tent (from the aforementioned single overnighter):

« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 07:07:50 PM by joeydurango » Logged

BEDROCK BAGS - Hand crafted, rock solid, made in the USA.  Established 2012.
www.bedrockbags.com

Ever since I began riding singlespeed my life has been on a path of self-destruction.

Topic Name: Little-used Henry Shires TarpTent Moment - SOLD Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 04:18:47 PM
joeydurango

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2014, 04:18:47 PM »

Bump.  May have been stupid to post this as the season was winding down... seems as if people are beginning to think of the new season!

BEDROCK BAGS - Hand crafted, rock solid, made in the USA.  Established 2012.
www.bedrockbags.com

Ever since I began riding singlespeed my life has been on a path of self-destruction.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: