Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Aero Bars with Jones Bars? on: February 06, 2016, 03:27:43 AM
Get Mounted

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2016, 03:27:43 AM »

Hi all,

Can anyone recommend a set of aero bars that fit well with Jones Loop bars?

Thanks in advance.

Topic Name: Aero Bars with Jones Bars? Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 03:40:45 AM
harryonaspot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 03:40:45 AM »

Have you seen the Gnarwahl that is on the Jones site?  Not the same as there is no fore arm pad and it is a single extension, but basically designed to do the same thing

Topic Name: Aero Bars with Jones Bars? Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 06:24:16 AM
bmike-vt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 06:24:16 AM »

I have a set of profile t2+ that I have mounted and test ridden. Can't find a pic, but thy worked well. Issue for me is they compete with all the other bar stuff.

Topic Name: Aero Bars with Jones Bars? Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 06:39:15 AM
bmike-vt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 06:39:15 AM »

Only pic I could find:

image by Mike, on Flickr

These allow you to slide the arms / pad back and forth. Typically reach is too long on MTB for aero bars to work without fussing with them.

Topic Name: Aero Bars with Jones Bars? Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 01:00:37 PM
Jackslc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2023, 01:00:37 PM »

I have the jones 2.5 loop bar which has 2.5 inches of rise to it. I find that the aero position with my fore arms resting across the loop is comfortable, but it doesn't feel secure since my hands hang off the front.

After looking at all the aero bar options and seeing how bulky and expensive they are I started looking for inner bar ends to achieve the same thing. Since I found the loop comfortable enough for my forearms, having pads and aero bars seems redundant

I could only find one set of inner bar ends where the clamp comes completely off which allows them to be attached at the inside of the loop and they're only $13 on ebay.

I'll update with my impressions and photos once they arrive.

Topic Name: Aero Bars with Jones Bars? Reply #5 on: February 13, 2023, 08:38:52 AM
Groundshine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2023, 08:38:52 AM »

I have the jones 2.5 loop bar which has 2.5 inches of rise to it. I find that the aero position with my fore arms resting across the loop is comfortable, but it doesn't feel secure since my hands hang off the front.

After looking at all the aero bar options and seeing how bulky and expensive they are I started looking for inner bar ends to achieve the same thing. Since I found the loop comfortable enough for my forearms, having pads and aero bars seems redundant

I could only find one set of inner bar ends where the clamp comes completely off which allows them to be attached at the inside of the loop and they're only $13 on ebay.

I'll update with my impressions and photos once they arrive.
    Baffling that removable clamp bar ends are not more common and so hard to find.... what did you come up with?!!!
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: