Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: What are we taking? on: July 15, 2019, 08:11:39 AM
bakerjw

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2019, 08:11:39 AM »

I love my wife. She is so excited that we are going through with our ride through some sections of the Tour Divide from Banff to Whitefish. Yesterday, we were discussing what we would be taking. Soap. Shampoo. Deodorant. Clothing? Other items?

I take 1 medium sized bar of unscented glycerin soap. It is very easy on the skin.
I take a small bottle of Johnson's Baby Shampoo. If your eyes get irritated, you can wash them out with it.
Deodorant? I've never taken it nor have I really needed to.
Extra clothes. Nope... We will get what we need when we get to Whitefish.
The only place where I consider it a splurge is that I take a small hand towel to mostly dry off if I rinse off in a creek or similar.

Definite culture shock.

Topic Name: What are we taking? Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 05:44:57 AM
Lentamentalisk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 05:44:57 AM »

It is funny how these conversations go. On one trip my S.O. was adamant about bringing a 3rd pair of socks. At the end of the trip we found that 3rd pair of socks at the bottom of one of our bags - she never touched it - and she'll never live it down. Another time we decided we *really* should bring the big heavy folding lock. When we went to lock up our bikes, we realized we brought the wrong key. On another trip, I found her one night cutting all the little food baggies in half "to save weight!". Still, I'll find her from time to time, sneaking a hard cover book or two into our bags.

Topic Name: What are we taking? Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 06:10:55 AM
bakerjw

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2019, 06:10:55 AM »

This will be my 4th foray out of Banff. I just love the entire experience up there in the Rockies. I might mix it up in a year or so and try to get over into the Bull River valley. Time will tell.

We are again talking gear a couple of nights ago. I asked her, "Remember my first year? All of the crap that I bought and left home or didn't use?" It is all part of the journey.

Topic Name: What are we taking? Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 06:14:03 PM
offroute

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 06:14:03 PM »

bakerj, glad you are back on the program!

Noodling out plans is fun, more so with the SO. Good teambuilding. thumbsup

Topic Name: What are we taking? Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 08:57:12 PM
threepin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 08:57:12 PM »

on short trips i just take camp suds for everything,. 1 bottle and it's concentrated. I have started taking a bit of dawn concentrate for the greasy, grimy stuff and putting the bikes together (seems like every room in europe i assemble a bike in is all white). Used to take a pac towel- never used.

Topic Name: What are we taking? Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 10:00:13 PM
SlowDave

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2019, 10:00:13 PM »

I like to keep it simple, for consumables I just bring a bag of flour tortillas, some shredded cheese, a bottle of Tabasco and a bundle of cigars.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: