Pages: [1] 2
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Vermont bikepacking roll call!!!! on: October 20, 2012, 07:01:10 PM
Groundshine

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2012, 07:01:10 PM »

Calling all bikepackers in Vermont.  Time to make yourself known.   The Vermont Mountain Bike Association has a new chapter:  Vermont Bikepackers.   And we have a new long distance bikepacking trail:  420 miles from the Massachusetts border to Quebec border.  ( insert trail name suggestion with your reply.)  We are hoping to map and get access to 1,000 miles of dirt bikepacking trail and roads that links all the best single track in the state.   In the meantime the border to border section has been mapped and biked and it is epic! * It still needs polishing and is still open to suggestions... but for now it is a little bit of everything Vermont has got.   VMBA plays a critical role in communicating and negotiating with all the trail managers - private, local, state, federal, and clubs/ VMBA chapters along the way.  I am hoping all you bikepacking.net readers who live around here can support the cause.  And for now that support just means making your presence known.  PM if you are shy or are a lurker.   Give a heads up to anyone you might know might be interested.

Thanks,

David Tremblay
Moretown, Vermont

*(my apologies to specialized)

Topic Name: Vermont bikepacking roll call!!!! Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 07:56:45 PM
bmike-vt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 07:56:45 PM »

awesome work dave...
here in BTV...

Topic Name: Vermont bikepacking roll call!!!! Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 06:06:24 AM
Groundshine

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 06:06:24 AM »

Thanks Mike!   Do you know any bikepackers that aren't on here? 
There are also a few Vermonters on here that I haven't met yet - do you know willapajames?
I have made contact with:
moosevt
jayvt29
laps
Fat hairy

and I thought there was someone in Stowe?

Smaller than the Vermont randonneuring crowd... with surprisingly little crossover.
-yet! Wink

Topic Name: Vermont bikepacking roll call!!!! Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 12:53:42 PM
rickgibbs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 12:53:42 PM »

Great work Dave, this is really exciting to see.  Ryan, Grayson and myself are interested and I have been trying to drum up a little more interest in Burlington.   Ryan just stitched together our photos from our xVt trip and I am hoping to have a trip report posted in the next week or so.  We ended up making it about 300 miles and clocked 30k ft of vertical and I can attest to the epic nature of the trip, I am still sore ;-)

Rick

Topic Name: Vermont bikepacking roll call!!!! Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 11:55:05 AM
JTVT29

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2012, 11:55:05 AM »

Well done David!  Let me know what I can do to get involved/help out.

Jay

Topic Name: Vermont bikepacking roll call!!!! Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 07:22:53 AM
JCruz

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 07:22:53 AM »

This is fantastic, Dave. I look forward to learning more and helping in any way that I can.

Joe

(I live half the time in Williamstown, MA, four miles from the Vermont border; but I identify, er, culturally with Vermont!  Wink )

Topic Name: Vermont bikepacking roll call!!!! Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 04:43:04 PM
dwengs

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 04:43:04 PM »

WE LIVE IN NH NOT FAR FROM VT AND ARE DEFINITELY INTERESTED....WHERE DO WE GET MORE INFO ON THIS?

Topic Name: Vermont bikepacking roll call!!!! Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 06:34:09 PM
Groundshine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 06:34:09 PM »

Stay tuned right here for more info!

There is also a bikepacking group in NH that is working on a bikepacking route in NH.    Maybe we can link up!

Topic Name: Vermont bikepacking roll call!!!! Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 06:57:29 PM
dwengs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 06:57:29 PM »

Cool, whatever I can do to be of assistance in both NH and VT, I am ready and willing to assist...look forward to the first annual bikepacking adventure ride!

Topic Name: Vermont bikepacking roll call!!!! Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 03:09:16 AM
willapajames

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, 03:09:16 AM »

Does that mean the xvtmtbr project finally got finished?
I'm up in Stowe.  Count me in!
WILL
 thumbsup

"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible." - T.E. Lawrence

Topic Name: Vermont bikepacking roll call!!!! Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 04:08:48 AM
moosevt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2012, 04:08:48 AM »

Oh Boy! I'm getting excited now. With only 7 months before my attempt at Tour Divide, I will be looking for as much rambling as I can get. Part of me hopes we have a winter as mild as last year. Eyes peeled!

Topic Name: Vermont bikepacking roll call!!!! Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 04:24:23 AM
harryonaspot

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2012, 04:24:23 AM »

Another Mass rider. I'm ready to give it a shot. Harry

Topic Name: Vermont bikepacking roll call!!!! Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 01:40:29 PM
ridebikeme

Chase Cyclery

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 01:40:29 PM »

I live in Maine,and  would defintiely love more info on both the Vt and NH groups!!!

where the wheels are always moving...

Topic Name: Vermont bikepacking roll call!!!! Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 02:34:19 PM
dwengs

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 02:34:19 PM »

I live in Maine,and  would defintiely love more info on both the Vt and NH groups!!!

I second that. (the part about wanting more info.)   thumbsup
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 03:41:18 AM by andinista » Logged

Topic Name: Vermont bikepacking roll call!!!! Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 06:53:09 AM
JeffM-VT

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2012, 06:53:09 AM »

Hi David...  Sounds great.  I'll be checking back for more info.  I live in Richmond and recently discovered bikepacking.  I did the AML "race" (Allegheny Mountain Loop) in VA/WV a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it.  I've done numerous long distance self supported bike tours in the past but previously on road bikes.

Almost certain that I will be attempting the Tour Divide in June.  I know that you've done it so would love to meet/ride to hear your thoughts on the TD.

Let me know if anything I can do to help.  Is it possible to see the map of the new 420 mile route?

Thanks!

Jeff Mullen
Richmond, VT

Topic Name: Vermont bikepacking roll call!!!! Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 07:08:56 AM
moosevt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2012, 07:08:56 AM »

Hi David...  Sounds great.  I'll be checking back for more info.  I live in Richmond and recently discovered bikepacking.  I did the AML "race" (Allegheny Mountain Loop) in VA/WV a few weeks ago and absolutely loved it.  I've done numerous long distance self supported bike tours in the past but previously on road bikes.

Almost certain that I will be attempting the Tour Divide in June.  I know that you've done it so would love to meet/ride to hear your thoughts on the TD.

Let me know if anything I can do to help.  Is it possible to see the map of the new 420 mile route?

Thanks!

Jeff Mullen
Richmond, VT

Jeff,

Nice to hear from you and excited to hear that you live close. I am in Essex Jct. It would be pretty cool to meet up and talk some strategies and maybe even train a bit together. I have every hope to be on the start line in June. Let me know what you think.

Thanks, Wil

Topic Name: Vermont bikepacking roll call!!!! Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 07:16:22 AM
JeffM-VT

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2012, 07:16:22 AM »

Hi Wi,...  Sounds great.  I've been wondering if there was anyone else from the area that might be doing it this June.  Lets plan on getting together to chat and hopefully ride.  Most weekends (and many weekdays) work for me.

Jeff

Topic Name: Vermont bikepacking roll call!!!! Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 04:33:20 PM
moosevt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 04:33:20 PM »

Hi Wi,...  Sounds great.  I've been wondering if there was anyone else from the area that might be doing it this June.  Lets plan on getting together to chat and hopefully ride.  Most weekends (and many weekdays) work for me.

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

Email me and we'll start working out some rides. I hope you enjoy winter riding. It's one of my favorite.

Wil

bikecycology@gmail.com

Topic Name: Vermont bikepacking roll call!!!! Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 09:54:54 AM
Kurtis

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 09:54:54 AM »

Hello Vermonters. Here in a few months (Januaryish). I'll be doing a fatbike run from Maine to Florida. Obviously trying to avoid pavement/ roads whenever possible. You might say- Why not wait for a more travel friendly season? Cuz this is just part of larger global ride called BikePlaneting. A multiple year round off road ride. I'd rather make due than sit out the winter months. That said, I'd love to get my gloved mitts on some information   for this mentioned route through your beautiful state?  Is there a GPX file available?    Thanx,  Kurt S.       

Topic Name: Vermont bikepacking roll call!!!! Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 04:45:55 AM
Gcharles

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 04:45:55 AM »

I am definitely interested in getting involved and helping out however possible.  Great job, I look forward to riding the route.

Thanks for your efforts, Glenn
  Pages: [1] 2
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: