Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Trip report: Colorado trail loop from Boulder county on: September 12, 2014, 08:49:31 AM
HOser

Too busy looking good

View Profile
« on: September 12, 2014, 08:49:31 AM »

Hi, all. I thoroughly enjoy and learn a lot from the various ride reports that people post here, so I thought I'd add my own to the community. I recently did a 4 day loop from my front door in Boulder county that covered segments 1 - 6 of the Colorado trail, including the long bypass south of the Lost Creek Wilderness. I timed my trip such that I got caught up in the CTR excitement. An overview post plus picture heavy daily write-ups are at:
http://nohosing.blogspot.com/2014/09/colorado-trail-loop-overview.html

Some highlights:
  • I met Neil B, Joe P (of MTB Cast fame), and a few other racers at the Stagestop.
  • Chris P blew by me on segment 5 with a perfectly executed cowboy-style "Yee haw!"
  • I practically got run over by the Breck Epic west of Georgia Pass
  • I got very close to bighorn sheep and a porcupine (first time sightings for me, at least from a bike)

My route from Boulder to Waterton Canyon is actually pretty nice, I put a fair amount of work into finding a fun, low traffic, albeit indirect route and I even pre-rode it this spring. I'm happy to share my route with anyone who is interested.

Topic Name: Trip report: Colorado trail loop from Boulder county Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 04:50:49 PM
offroute

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 04:50:49 PM »

Nice ride! Thanks for the fun and thorough reportage.

You have to love that extra satisfaction that comes with designing your own route and knocking it off. Well done, soldier.

Topic Name: Trip report: Colorado trail loop from Boulder county Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 01:53:02 PM
Cawlin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 01:53:02 PM »

Great report! Enjoyed reading and thanks for sharing a bit on why you chose your route.

Topic Name: Trip report: Colorado trail loop from Boulder county Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 01:56:55 PM
THE LONG RANGER

Hi-Ho, Single-Speed, AWAY!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 01:56:55 PM »

(Jamestown is closed to cycling still, yeah?)

Topic Name: Trip report: Colorado trail loop from Boulder county Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 07:46:10 AM
HOser

Too busy looking good

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 07:46:10 AM »

Jamestown is still closed, yes. Here's a good resource for Boulder county flood-related closures for bicycles:
http://www.bouldercounty.org/flood/roads/pages/bicycletravel.aspx

Topic Name: Trip report: Colorado trail loop from Boulder county Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 10:48:29 AM
sollie474

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 10:48:29 AM »

This sounds great! I live in Gunbarrel and I'm about to start bikepacking. Let us know if you discover or invent more routes starting near Boulder.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: