Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Trail side tucker with Jet Boil stove? on: March 30, 2015, 11:27:37 AM
flanagaj

View Profile WWW
« on: March 30, 2015, 11:27:37 AM »

I know some do and some don't carry a stove when bikepacking, but I am one of those who likes to cook up a coffee and big bowl of porridge when I crawl out of my tent.   Most of the stories I have read about the TD seem to mention the amount of junk food eaten from service stations.  I hate junk food and would like to hear of any tasty meals you can easily knock up whilst on the TD using readily available ingredients. 

* Please don't include any that involve road side kill.  That's a little too hardcore for me!

Topic Name: Trail side tucker with Jet Boil stove? Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 02:58:13 PM
harryonaspot

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 02:58:13 PM »

If you are doing it as a tour, food is readily available. As you will probably be able to haul more than if you were racing. I don't think I ever had more than 5 days of food on board. Can't help with the race part

Topic Name: Trail side tucker with Jet Boil stove? Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 03:09:58 PM
sfuller

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 03:09:58 PM »

I know some do and some don't carry a stove when bikepacking, but I am one of those who likes to cook up a coffee and big bowl of porridge when I crawl out of my tent.   Most of the stories I have read about the TD seem to mention the amount of junk food eaten from service stations.  I hate junk food and would like to hear of any tasty meals you can easily knock up whilst on the TD using readily available ingredients. 

I think the difference in the stories can mostly be attributed to the differences between people racing the route or people touring the route. If you're touring, a stove, the extra weight of food, and the time to prepare it won't be as big of an issue. There are also places on or near the route that you can buy good meals from too. Bigger towns will have grocery stores that you can find all of the normal stuff at.

Topic Name: Trail side tucker with Jet Boil stove? Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 02:20:39 AM
Mista Bone

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 02:20:39 AM »

Trangia stove is what I'll be using, but where I'm at (Ohio) the no-name bottles (Meijer) of yellow "HEET" are only .99 for 12 oz.

Coffee or tea, oatmeal for breakfast starter, find something along the way (late breakfast)...and at end of the day tuna packet or two and some Knorr's or other easy meal only needing boiling water.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: