Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: OvejaNegra Front End Loader with Lunchbox on: February 18, 2017, 01:59:16 AM
Joel

View Profile
« on: February 18, 2017, 01:59:16 AM »

Hey, I'm trying to find some reviews on the OvejaNegra Front end loader with Lunchbox. Anyone have any experience with stability, ease of use etc?

Thanks,

Joel

Topic Name: OvejaNegra Front End Loader with Lunchbox Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 04:48:29 AM
kyle10bike

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2017, 04:48:29 AM »

I used the front end loader and lunchbox for the ctr and all other over nighters last year and couldn't have been happier with the performance.  Super easy to install and remove your sleep system, or whatever else you use the loader to hold.  Extremely stable even when the loader and lunchbox are fully packed.

Topic Name: OvejaNegra Front End Loader with Lunchbox Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 05:03:03 AM
Joel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 05:03:03 AM »

Sweet!  Thanks for the feedback!! For such a well known company I found it difficult to find many formal reviews or their products.

Topic Name: OvejaNegra Front End Loader with Lunchbox Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 10:40:50 AM
Britt

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2017, 10:40:50 AM »

Iam very happy with my setup from Oveja Negra. Great customer service and Colorado made.

Topic Name: OvejaNegra Front End Loader with Lunchbox Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 02:18:34 PM
Demian

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2017, 02:18:34 PM »

Superb quality, easy to install, very stable. I have not used the lunchbox but have the Front-End Loader and it does exactly what I need it to. Paired with a Revelate Large Pocket it's really slick and easy to mount/dismount from the bike. Using on Woodchipper bars.

Get your haul on.

Topic Name: OvejaNegra Front End Loader with Lunchbox Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 02:42:16 PM
Hockeygod

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2017, 02:42:16 PM »

Installed on Jones H Loop bars (660 length). Both FEL & Lunchbox. Will be doing some trials using a 14-20L drybag mounted with my sleeping kit. Have a Salsa Mukluk 2 (2015) with Bluto fork. No problems so far with clearance, bottoming but haven't carried 'a full load' yet. Nice stuff though once I figured out how to attach everything (there wasn't any directions with the product.)  BangHead Very nice people to deal with (via email; responding extremely quickly.)

Learn and improve daily. Practice the Golden Rule. Leave things better then when you found them. Have fun!

Topic Name: OvejaNegra Front End Loader with Lunchbox Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 08:55:17 AM
dustytires_and_tinyfires

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2017, 08:55:17 AM »

I use the front end loader and love it.  I use a 15 liter OR dry bag and my tent and sleeping bag fit in there perfect with the poles slid in behind both bundles.  I never have any issues with it and it's nice to be able to remove the dry bag and take it to the tent.  I stuff it and use it as a pillow.  Then If I want to ride, the front end loader doesn't get in the way if I just leave it on.  The straps stand off of the bars just the right distance to clear the shifters.  I don't have the lunch box but something similar. 

I also have their half frame bag and I'm planning on getting a full frame bag and one of their large seat bags.  I'm also going to see about getting them to make me a custom set of panniers.  Don't know if they do that sort of thing but I don't need the full sized ones because I don't want to carry that much stuff.  Anyway they are over the mountains from me about an hour away in Salida.  So I can take my gear I want to carry in and have them make a set with compartments for everything.  Then I can leave everything packed in them and just throw them in the car and save time.  I like having everything for cooking together, everything for water gathering together and so on. 

Topic Name: OvejaNegra Front End Loader with Lunchbox Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 09:54:38 AM
msprider

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2020, 09:54:38 AM »

Didn't really work for me but not the fault of the Front End Loader.

With use on my Medium size Salsa Beargrease, I couldnt get the load high enough to keep it away from rubbing the front tire. The relatively small frame and the BG geometry are to blame.  Worked fine on my Road/Gravel bike. Went with the Salsa Anything Cradle as the solution.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: