Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Moving to Boise, Id on: January 11, 2013, 07:58:14 PM
cpblue

Cut it with a multi tool

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2013, 07:58:14 PM »

Looks like I'm moving to Boise in the next few months. I had the chance to do a little hiking on my last trip there, but I'm looking for some advise on where to ride.  Thanks.

Topic Name: Moving to Boise, Id Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 08:33:45 PM
stumpyfsr

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 08:33:45 PM »

Check singletracks.com - there're plenty of singletrack in Boise and surrounding area. Levels are from beginner to expert.

Topic Name: Moving to Boise, Id Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 11:27:46 AM
mr cowboy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 11:27:46 AM »

Looks like I'm moving to Boise in the next few months. I had the chance to do a little hiking on my last trip there, but I'm looking for some advise on where to ride.  Thanks.

You are moving to a fantastic place to live and ride. I know form experience - I live in Boise. Great trail system that goes across the Boise front. With lots of fire roads in the area. You can spend an entire day riding around above town.  I'll post a link from Ridge to Rivers, that will show some of the area. Sun Valley is about two hours away - great riding there. Stanley - same as Sun Valley. McCall...you're moving to a great area to go mountain biking. 

http://www.ridgetorivers.org/

Topic Name: Moving to Boise, Id Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 05:33:06 PM
sslos

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2013, 05:33:06 PM »

We just moved here in October. I spent the first few months racing cyclocross, because, well, I love 'cross. But since the season ended, I've been spending a bit more time snowshoeing, riding in the foothills, and riding some of the gravel roads. There's so much good riding around here! Looking forward to putting my bikepacking set up together and hitting up the Owyhees, Boises, and West Central mountains this summer.
I plan on including a tenkara rod for some fishing out on the trail.
There's a really nice fly-fishing shop ( http://www.idahoangler.com/ ) that is a Tenkara USA dealer, if you're into the fishing thing.

Los

Topic Name: Moving to Boise, Id Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 06:20:42 PM
egear

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2013, 06:20:42 PM »

:thumbsup:Lucky dogs.  Lived There for a couple of months. Loved it.  ENJOY!!

Topic Name: Moving to Boise, Id Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 07:35:56 PM
cpblue

Cut it with a multi tool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2013, 07:35:56 PM »

Taking a trip Boise next week and was looking to hit a few of the local bike shops.  Any suggestions?

Topic Name: Moving to Boise, Id Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 07:12:04 AM
sslos

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 07:12:04 AM »

I've only been into a few shops here. As a 20 year vet of the mechanic's stand, I do my own work, and still have a fair number of parts in my bin.
That being said, Bill Reed of Reed Cycles in Eagle is a great guy, bike racer himself, and has a neat little shop.
For bikepacking, check out Idaho Mountain Sports in downtown Boise. While not a bike-specific shop, they're pretty well set up for bikes in the summer.

Los

Topic Name: Moving to Boise, Id Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 09:03:10 PM
cpblue

Cut it with a multi tool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2013, 09:03:10 PM »

Thanks for the info.  I went by Idaho Mountain Touring in the down town area and rented a Giant hardtail.  Next stop was Hulls Gulch just a new minutes north of the state capitol.   Great riding on various trails.  Much different from the flat landscape of Houston.

Topic Name: Moving to Boise, Id Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 07:09:50 PM
sslos

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2013, 07:09:50 PM »

Glad you had a good time! Yeah, having the Camel's Back trail system so close to downtown is a pretty major plus. The other great thing is the proximity to good eats- I often stop in to Parilla on 13th for a burrito and a beer after trail rides.
We live on the opposite end of Hill Road- about 7 miles from Camel's Back, but right across the road from the Veteran's Trail entrance to the Velo Park.

Los
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: