Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Lael Wilcox wins Trans-Am ! on: June 23, 2016, 07:12:30 AM
jaymtb

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2016, 07:12:30 AM »

Congrats!

http://road.cc/content/news/194678-late-drama-sees-lael-wilcox-win-trans-am-bike-race

Cheers,
Jay

Topic Name: Lael Wilcox wins Trans-Am ! Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 06:28:49 PM
LINK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2016, 06:28:49 PM »

Awe man. Kind of a brutal situation for both of them. I would assume Stefan would have won had he not messed up. For Lael to win because of Stefans mess up is kinda lack luster but also triumphant in that they raced to the finish and she won. I would have had the same attitude as Lael. Strip the bike and sprint!

Funny cause I fell asleep while I was watching Inspired to ride last night.

Topic Name: Lael Wilcox wins Trans-Am ! Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 04:01:12 PM
Biggus Duckus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2016, 04:01:12 PM »

Awe man. Kind of a brutal situation for both of them. I would assume Stefan would have won had he not messed up. For Lael to win because of Stefans mess up is kinda lack luster but also triumphant in that they raced to the finish and she won. I would have had the same attitude as Lael. Strip the bike and sprint!

Sucks for him but he did go the wrong way because he relied on something besides map and compass.

Topic Name: Lael Wilcox wins Trans-Am ! Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 04:49:14 PM
THE LONG RANGER

Hi-Ho, Single-Speed, AWAY!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2016, 04:49:14 PM »

I don't see how this is a brutal situation for Lael - she did her very best and won. She didn't cause the navigational error, and to say her win is somehow tinged because of someone else's mistake makes zero sense. Nature of self-supported races.

Congrats to all the finishers, of course!

Topic Name: Lael Wilcox wins Trans-Am ! Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 07:04:28 PM
bpeschka

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2016, 07:04:28 PM »

There are a lot of would of, should have, and could have factors from the first mile of the race.  In the end, as long as the rules were observed, Stefan would have won if he'd come in before Lael.
Congrats to both for a great race.  Congrats to everyone else out there.  I'm a back of the packer and it's pretty hard to stick it out for days after the front of the pack finishes.

Topic Name: Lael Wilcox wins Trans-Am ! Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 05:39:01 AM
si

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2016, 05:39:01 AM »

Great ride by all the finishers.

I do wonder if LW's ride will come under scrutiny for 'pairing up' for so long
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: