Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Interest In Bikepacking the Bay Area Ridge Trail? on: November 26, 2019, 08:09:57 AM
D_Nolan

View Profile
« on: November 26, 2019, 08:09:57 AM »

I am Planning a Bay area ridge trail circumnavigation in April next year, 550 miles
It would be awesome to semi organize an unsupported  group ride,
Any interest, I plan on organized training rides, seminars and greater route information

Thank you

Don Nolan

bayarearidgetrailrider/wordpress

Topic Name: Interest In Bikepacking the Bay Area Ridge Trail? Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 05:28:27 PM
alpamayo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 05:28:27 PM »

Hi Don
I live in Davis and would definitely be interested in some rides. I’ve done a couple overnighted in the north bay and now that the Tahoe region is going to be out of commission for the winter, I’d be down to try out some route out in the coastal areas.

Topic Name: Interest In Bikepacking the Bay Area Ridge Trail? Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 06:24:51 PM
D_Nolan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2019, 06:24:51 PM »

Hi Don
I live in Davis and would definitely be interested in some rides. I’ve done a couple overnighted in the north bay and now that the Tahoe region is going to be out of commission for the winter, I’d be down to try out some route out in the coastal areas.

Hello

Glad to hear from you, what is your name?
As soon as this weather clears , I’ll be getting out on weekends, there is a good ride that is a part of the Bay Area Ridge trail near Napa , Angwin and Moore Creek
Would you be interested in a ride possibly the 15th?  No o/n about 30 miles -3k ft. Mixed surface, 1/2 is intermediate Singletrack

Don

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Topic Name: Interest In Bikepacking the Bay Area Ridge Trail? Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 05:22:29 PM
Ben Salthouse

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2020, 05:22:29 PM »

I've been toying with the idea of riding the entire Bay Area Ridge Trail. Anyone know the fastest time anyone's done it?

Topic Name: Interest In Bikepacking the Bay Area Ridge Trail? Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 10:06:12 AM
Mel

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2020, 10:06:12 AM »

Hi Don - I am a trail runner/backpacker turned mountain biker/wannabe bikepacker.  I have a weeklong group tour booked for the Yukon this summer for my 50th bday but will likely not be able to go with the shutdowns of travel.  I am now instead turning my sights to bikepacking in the case that I can pull that off instead.  I live in Fairfax, just north of SF, and am on my bike 3x/wk working on building my miles (20 miles on Mt Tam is where I am now).  Let me know if you are still thinking about doing BART!
Thank you!
Mel

Topic Name: Interest In Bikepacking the Bay Area Ridge Trail? Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 12:21:04 AM
evdog

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2020, 12:21:04 AM »

Hey Don, were you able to do this ride, or did you have to put it off? 

I spent a bit of time looking at your google doc notes and the RideWithGPS files linked.  One of the links, Los Gatos Hotel, is broken.  Looks like an interesting route.  Are the RWGPS links what you actually rode when you did sections?  Specifically, do those tracks show what is open to bikes/public access?  I see a number of notes in the google doc that reference areas off limits to bikes.  Looks like an interesting route.  Is the trail guide book useful for bike navigation/planning?   
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: