Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Experience with the Nemo Go Go Elite? on: July 23, 2016, 10:58:59 AM
robotfury

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2016, 10:58:59 AM »

I have a Go Go Nemo, the cheaper green one. It is nice for bikepacking, but packs BIG and is heavy. I do not use this for racing at all.  I do like the room and ease of set up though.  I was looking at the Elite, which is lighter and doesn't have a separate rain fly. The Elite seems like it might fit my needs - roomy, fully enclosed, light, easy to set up, waterproof, a vestibule. Based on my experience with the heavier model, there is a ton of room at the head of the tent too for gear. Seems about as heavy as a BA Fly Creek.

Any experience with the Elite racing?
Does anyone have a pic of the Elite packed down (other than the promotional image of it packed in a Naglene bottle). I am wondering if I can pack it down smaller in a compression sack.

Thanks

Topic Name: Experience with the Nemo Go Go Elite? Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 08:02:27 AM
offroute

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 08:02:27 AM »

No specific info on that tent.

But curious why one would opt for a coffin-style tent when a true 1P tent can be had for the same weight and lower cost. Is it all about the packing size? Smaller footprint? Having used both, I'm opting for a true tent in which I could sit out a poor weather day without being forced to lie all day.

Topic Name: Experience with the Nemo Go Go Elite? Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 12:41:18 PM
robotfury

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2016, 12:41:18 PM »

Yes packability and size are my main concern.  I should have clarified that I am looking at the Go Go for 4+ day races, where I would normally use a SOL.  I am not looking at this for general bikepacking. In fact, I would have been fine with the Go Go on the TD. Overkill really.  I use a Zpacks Pocket Tarp currently for longer races, but want something that is fully enclosed yet smaller than a tent and with a bit more foul weather coverage. Also, I don't mind the size of the go go. I find it pretty roomy for me. I have the cheaper Go Go model.  The one thing in the Elite's favor too is that it doesn't have a separate rain fly. it is all together.  So, the Elite seems a good balance of all the things I am looking for - small, light, no detachable fly, easy to set up... just curious how packable it actually is. Other than that, I find the Nemo pretty luxurious. The Contrail Tarptent, protail I think it is called, is also an option closer to the Nemo but with more room.   

Topic Name: Experience with the Nemo Go Go Elite? Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 06:54:17 PM
offroute

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2016, 06:54:17 PM »

Sounds like you have it pretty well sussed. thumbsup

Topic Name: Experience with the Nemo Go Go Elite? Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 08:04:55 AM
groovy.rides

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2016, 08:04:55 AM »

Yes packability and size are my main concern.  I should have clarified that I am looking at the Go Go for 4+ day races, where I would normally use a SOL.  I am not looking at this for general bikepacking. In fact, I would have been fine with the Go Go on the TD. Overkill really.  I use a Zpacks Pocket Tarp currently for longer races, but want something that is fully enclosed yet smaller than a tent and with a bit more foul weather coverage. Also, I don't mind the size of the go go. I find it pretty roomy for me. I have the cheaper Go Go model.  The one thing in the Elite's favor too is that it doesn't have a separate rain fly. it is all together.  So, the Elite seems a good balance of all the things I am looking for - small, light, no detachable fly, easy to set up... just curious how packable it actually is. Other than that, I find the Nemo pretty luxurious. The Contrail Tarptent, protail I think it is called, is also an option closer to the Nemo but with more room.   

It packs fairly small, I could fairly easily get it in a 6L drybag and get that into my Bedrock Entrada. If the LE works for you, the Elite would be a better lightweight option, although it is a few inches shorter if my memory serves me right.
I just put mine up in the classifieds, since I realized my claustrophobia isn't too fond of it's size, but if the LE is a good fit, I wouldn't hesitate getting the Elite, as it sounds like it's a perfect fit for you.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: