Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Commuting to Work Video on: December 26, 2015, 10:34:42 AM
Payton MacDonald

View Profile
« on: December 26, 2015, 10:34:42 AM »

I thought you all would enjoy this little video I made of my commute to work.  I live in North New Jersey, which is one of the most bike UNfriendly places in America.  But with a good bikepacking rig and some creative riding I've made it work.  I know I'm preaching to the choir here, but commuting by bike is really amazing.  I wish we could get more people in this country to do it.  Enjoy the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yKG4tbNZMg&feature=youtu.be

Topic Name: Commuting to Work Video Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 01:15:10 PM
KittyOnMyFoot

Forest Dweller

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 01:15:10 PM »

Fun! I'll see if I can't borrow a GoPro or something and record mine, but I'll have to wait until the snow melts. I live in the sticks, and while there are very few cars, they are not anticipating bikes around the shoulderless, blind corners. The sketchiest part of the pavement I'm on is, however, long and downhill, so I tend only to ride to work (and take public transit home). My commute is like nine miles and takes around 40 minutes.

Topic Name: Commuting to Work Video Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 06:02:13 PM
Adam Alphabet

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 06:02:13 PM »

Nice Work!
I live in a pretty bike friendly city but the drivers generally suck. I have been hit once and doored once in the last 5 years. My work commute is a short 4.5 miles with about 375 feet of gain each way. Nice punchy way to start the mornings and end the day.
Stay safe out there folks!

@adamalphabet

Topic Name: Commuting to Work Video Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 07:26:28 AM
KittyOnMyFoot

Forest Dweller

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2016, 07:26:28 AM »

I have been hit once and doored once in the last 5 years.
dayum... that sounds awful. I saw someone get doored once; it was pretty brutal.

Topic Name: Commuting to Work Video Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 08:35:38 AM
Adam Alphabet

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2016, 08:35:38 AM »

dayum... that sounds awful. I saw someone get doored once; it was pretty brutal.

I got lucky, I swerved, thankfully no traffic behind me, got speed wobs as I was on the tops of my drops and hit the ground going 20mph. That was fun.. better than hitting the door.

@adamalphabet
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: