Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Bikepacking Paris-Roubaix on: June 10, 2014, 04:13:47 AM
dutchwheelz

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2014, 04:13:47 AM »

Hi!
This weekend we did a one night bikepacking trip, finishing the complete course of Paris-Roubaix on day two. We made a short movie: Paris-Roubaix

Topic Name: Bikepacking Paris-Roubaix Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 10:28:48 PM
jamescyco

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 10:28:48 PM »

Very nice.

Topic Name: Bikepacking Paris-Roubaix Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 01:30:27 AM
Area54

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 01:30:27 AM »

Cool, so many questions on this! Roubaix is on my bucket list.

I've heard the french and gendarmes are easy going in regards to camping in the woods?

You rode the Gran Fondo?

Amazing where riding a bike will take you...

Topic Name: Bikepacking Paris-Roubaix Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 05:57:11 PM
JRA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 05:57:11 PM »

Cool.  Your bikes look much more comfortable for the pave than a 15 pound carbon bike with 25mm tires.

I don't know what the question is - but the answer is: Lubrication!

Topic Name: Bikepacking Paris-Roubaix Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 08:23:19 PM
Area54

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 08:23:19 PM »

Cool.  Your bikes look much more comfortable for the pave than a 15 pound carbon bike with 25mm tires.

True, but that's part of the attraction to cobbles on a roadie though - the suffering! Smiley Like CX with cantis and drop bars, steeped in tradition.

Amazing where riding a bike will take you...

Topic Name: Bikepacking Paris-Roubaix Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 11:37:40 PM
dutchwheelz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 11:37:40 PM »

I've heard the french and gendarmes are easy going in regards to camping in the woods?

I don't know actually. But nearby Bohain there are some remote areas where it's easy to find a place where nobody will notice that you are there.

You rode the Gran Fondo?

There are two events following the Paris Roubaix course. The day before the pro race in April there's the Gran Fondo. The one I rode is also kind of a Gran Fondo, but I think the focus is not really on racing as fast as possible.

True!

True, but that's part of the attraction to cobbles on a roadie though - the suffering! Smiley Like CX with cantis and drop bars, steeped in tradition.

Also true! But a bit to much for me. I suffered enough, riding my singlespeed bike for a total of 320km the weekend. But I do agree that a road bike is the real deal on the cobbles. Amazing to see with what speed some raceguys did the cobbles.

Topic Name: Bikepacking Paris-Roubaix Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 07:21:18 AM
JRA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2014, 07:21:18 AM »

Agreed.  As a long time roadie, I appreciate many of the traditions of cycling, and in particular the Spring Classics.  But I've also learned to appreciate versatility and comfort of my Fargo.  

So many cool bikes out there but I'm running out hooks in my garage - Hah!

I don't know what the question is - but the answer is: Lubrication!

Topic Name: Bikepacking Paris-Roubaix Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 02:30:45 PM
VERDUG0

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2014, 02:30:45 PM »

They won't bother you if you're camping here just for one night. Either you explain it, or they'll get it by themselves.
Be careful about fire rules!

Have fun
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: