Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: 2011 Fargo w/ Viscacha...??? on: April 28, 2011, 08:05:43 AM
VABikePacker

View Profile
« on: April 28, 2011, 08:05:43 AM »

I know on revelatedesigns.com it is mentioned that a seat bag for a thudbuster is a custom build.  

Has anyone tried putting a stock Viscacha on a 2011 fargo? (equipped with a thudbuster??)

(I'm picking my '11 Fargo up this Saturday - it's going to be quite the adventure actually - the LBS closest to me able to get a fargo is about 100mi away...So, I'll be riding the rail to get to it and riding it back home...Looking at the weather, I think I'd like to have a jacket with me, but be able to stash it if it's not needed. I'm thinking the seat bag would be a good fit, if it, well, FITS without a lot of issue...I do have the seat bag already and I know I won't be able to get a custom built bag for a thudbuster by this saturday!!  I'd hate to carry it 100 mi by train and have to figure out how to get it back home comfortably....)

The setup so far will be:

Mountain tangle with a camelbak bladder.  (There's a whole foods market about a block from the LBS to fill it up at..also for spare tube, tools to fix that should it become an issue..)
Gas Tank (for the obvious goodies)

I'm thinkin' I'd like to put the seat bag on, again, if it fits, to have a light jacket and a couple of dehydrated meals for the ride back....

(Again, I know what revelatedesigns.com says about this - but has anyone here tried it??)

Thanks!!

Topic Name: 2011 Fargo w/ Viscacha...??? Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 04:16:29 PM
VABikePacker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 04:16:29 PM »

Lemme try again - anyone with the Cane Creek Thudbuster ST tried using a revelate designs viscacha seat bag? (the big one?)

Thanks!

Topic Name: 2011 Fargo w/ Viscacha...??? Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 05:42:51 PM
jeremy11

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 05:42:51 PM »

my hunch having never really seen either in person is the velcro won't be long enough, you could pick up a bit of velcro and make extender straps for it to reach around.

Topic Name: 2011 Fargo w/ Viscacha...??? Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 06:14:47 PM
VABikePacker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 06:14:47 PM »

Cool thought there. Thanks Jeremy!  My biggest "fear" is to end up having to
Figure out how to "stash" the seatbag all the way home. That's certainly a good "catch" with having some extra Velcro on hand....

Topic Name: 2011 Fargo w/ Viscacha...??? Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 08:19:45 AM
VABikePacker

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 08:19:45 AM »

The Viscacha DOES work on the Thudbuster ST.  The top strap seemed a little loose.  I was able to tighten the lower strap nicely.  (I probably could have tightened the top strap more, but I chose to leave it a little loose just in case.) - AFter the ride, I saw no reason to have been so concerned about the top strap.

No, I didn't make it all the way home....It was a road ride on a stock fargo in Northern VA.  Sidewalkes and paths with TONS of intersections to navigate through - VERY time consuming intersections at that!!

WOW what a ride though!!! I'm LOVING it!!!
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: